SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    How about you Sam?

Pretty boring day for me. They installed a new firewall at work last Wednesday, it worked too well, none of us outside guys could get in!!! Finally got it fixed last night, so I am going to be doing paperwork & emails from the last week and a couple of long conference calls.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Pretty boring day for me. They installed a new firewall at work last Wednesday, it worked too well, none of us outside guys could get in!!! Finally got it fixed last night, so I am going to be doing paperwork & emails from the last week and a couple of long conference calls.
    I have days like that. It's about a three to one ratio. for every one day of fun in the lab I have three days of paperwork to document and report what I did.:noway:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Mrs. G. it sounds like your boy was/is a lot like me. I did OK in school, just enough to get by, because the subjects never really interested me. I would be getting A's in math and science, B's in history, and C's in English and literature classes. you can tell which classes I liked. Once I got to college I picked the classes and took what I liked. Made almost straight A's through college. Hang in there push him through it.

you hit it on the nose. He loves history and things like that. he does great in math even though he could care less. he's a very smart kid, just needs to learn to apply it in all aspects and not just what he chooses. With what we do at home it helps. He has 15-20 minutes of school work and then I give him more besides that. reading is always on the list every night. he chooses what he wants to read, so that makes it so much easier. Like the violin, there are 2 girls that have been in lessons a good 3 or 4 mths longer than him, he's passed them in lessons because it is something he likes. he can practice halfheartedly and pass with flying colors at lessons.

How are ya this morning BTW?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    That's the not so fun part of my job.

Yeah, me either. I love the days that I can get on the road and see people, but then there are the days of quotes and following up with co-workers to make sure that they have done the things they said they would do. That's one luxuryyou have working for a small company. You don't have to chase people down to get answers.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    you hit it on the nose. He loves history and things like that. he does great in math even though he could care less. he's a very smart kid, just needs to learn to apply it in all aspects and not just what he chooses. With what we do at home it helps. He has 15-20 minutes of school work and then I give him more besides that. reading is always on the list every night. he chooses what he wants to read, so that makes it so much easier. Like the violin, there are 2 girls that have been in lessons a good 3 or 4 mths longer than him, he's passed them in lessons because it is something he likes. he can practice halfheartedly and pass with flying colors at lessons.

How are ya this morning BTW?
    Not too bad. Ready to get my garden in Finally. Did get the first strawberry of the season yesterday though. It was amazing!!!!!!

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Yeah, me either. I love the days that I can get on the road and see people, but then there are the days of quotes and following up with co-workers to make sure that they have done the things they said they would do. That's one luxuryyou have working for a small company. You don't have to chase people down to get answers.

yes and now. If I am chasing people for answers they usually get back to me quickly because it is there stuff I am working on. then there are some that I call and email questions too, then three days later they call me and want to know why there test isn't done and I say it's because you never answered my question. then the give me some line of :poop: , answer the question then want to know when the test will be done.

but there are a lot of perks in working for a small company. Some disadvantages too. I pay a ton of money for health insurance and things like that because the company isn't big enough to get the price breaks that large ones can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom