• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    I had a job when I was first out of high school that was seasonal but from Easter to Labor day, it was basically 7 days a week 12 to 16 hours a day. I could not do that now for sure. When my kids were little and I was going through my divorce, I used to get up at 4:30 to get ready and get them to day care and then hit the train from Chesterton to Chicago...got home around 7:30 every night. That was only five days a week but it was hard to leave them so much. I was very lucky to have a good day care and a good babysitter that picked them up for me since I didn't get home until after it closed. That was expensive though. When the kids were calling her mom and me by her name, I knew I had to make a change. Had to take a pay cut but found something closer to home and it all worked out okay.
    I hear ya Mom :( .. for a long time I bounced from state to state job to job - I got this job 20 years ago and put my all into it - may grandkids are almost grown and I missed it -- if I could take it all back -- hind sight 100%

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I hear ya Mom :( .. for a long time I bounced from state to state job to job - I got this job 20 years ago and put my all into it - may grandkids are almost grown and I missed it -- if I could take it all back -- hind sight 100%

We do what we think is best at the time. When I got the job in Chicago, I had been a stay at home mom and hadn't worked for several years. I needed a job to pay the bills and it was a GREAT job at the Shedd Aquarium. Loved that job more than anything I have done since, but it just didn't work with my kids and I was not going to move any closer to Chicago.

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    We do what we think is best at the time. When I got the job in Chicago, I had been a stay at home mom and hadn't worked for several years. I needed a job to pay the bills and it was a GREAT job at the Shedd Aquarium. Loved that job more than anything I have done since, but it just didn't work with my kids and I was not going to move any closer to Chicago.

:thumbsup:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hey Shadow do you know if you need a special licence to ride a motorcycle in Indiana?

Like can you drive on public roads with just a car driver's licence? :dunno:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hey Shadow do you know if you need a special licence to ride a motorcycle in Indiana?

Like can you drive on public roads with just a car driver's licence? :dunno:

I'm not Shadow, but yes you do. You need a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license. You can drive on a motorcycle permit for quite a while just by passing a written test. The actual motorcycle license requires a driving test too.

Shadow

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    I'm not Shadow, but yes you do. You need a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license. You can drive on a motorcycle permit for quite a while just by passing a written test. The actual motorcycle license requires a driving test too.

What Mom said ... Thanks Mom

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Oh ok.Over here I can drive motocycles under 150 CCs ( I think) without a motorcycle licence.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    LOL ,ours gives us a discount for so many and so many visits hhahha its like insurance company giving ya a deal if ya bundle house car etc
    I'll be looking for a vet in a couple of months.... going to miss our awesome vet/s here. And it will be EXTRA nice not to have to drive 60 miles, one-way, to take one of the fur-kids to the vet!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom