• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My point was just because they teach differently doesn't mean our public education system sucks like he was implying. And just because you do better at one than the other also doesn't mean the one is worse than the other.
    he did not imply they suck.. he stated a fact.

and I can tell you for a fact not all public education is equal....

All school systems are not the same. The school she came from was a five star school.. still is
    She moved into IPS, moved back to a five star school. Fact, a five star school is as good as you can get, that does not mean that IPS isn't a good school, but it doesn't hold a candle to the five star.

Some schools teach bare minimum to graduate, some push to excel. Take it how you want.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to remember, but it isn't necessary that I remember. One of the boys in Liams class CAN NOT READ!! Now please tell me how this child is in 4th grade now and can't read.

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy
    I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to remember, but it isn't necessary that I remember. One of the boys in Liams class CAN NOT READ!! Now please tell me how this child is in 4th grade now and can't read.

That's a fail all the way around, school, teachers and parents.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

:+1:

Need more people to speak up at school board meetings to have things changed. Could also be the teacher's union because the teachers have been there a while and its impossible to fire them.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    He mentioned 12 year olds. My math puts that at 6th grade.
    correct, and 12 minus 9 is 3 years.. you really think he is going to learn and catch up in three years? This boy was in the same class as my son. My son can read. he struggles with spelling, not for lack of instruction. I give homework above and beyond what the teacher does every night. He still has to read every night now, even though it is summer.
    You are wrong this time, all schools are not the same and do not teach the same pace. Bare minimum is all some schools will do.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I have always had problems with math. Science and History are my best. There are people at my school that have a knowledge of history comparable to a 2nd grader.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

I agree absolutely, but it was said we teach spelling in school.. can't read you can't spell. :dunno:

He mentioned 12 year olds. My math puts that at 6th grade.
    not always kids can be held back for any number of reasons. Discipline, poor Standardized test scores, etc... there was a kid on the 6 year plan in my senior class that if he didn't pass that year he would age out of school.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    correct, and 12 minus 9 is 3 years.. you really think he is going to learn and catch up in three years? This boy was in the same class as my son. My son can read. he struggles with spelling, not for lack of instruction. I give homework above and beyond what the teacher does every night. He still has to read every night now, even though it is summer.
    You are wrong this time, all schools are not the same and do not teach the same pace. Bare minimum is all some schools will do.

I wasn't being completely literal on the exact age. But I'm pretty sure by the time you graduate high school you can read, write, and yes even spell.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom