• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    He really enjoys it. Christmas of 2008 I planned a fishing vacation for him. I had three locations for him to pick from. I laid each trip out and told him when/where and such and when I got to the Canada trip he's eyes lite up.

It was suppose to be a once in a life time trip. After he got back he asked if I thougth he could go again. It was a like a child at Christmas time looking pleadfully and anxious to open presents. I told him yes, cause I knew how much it meant to him.

In 2010 out daughter got married and he would have been gone the week before the wedding, so he didn't go. In 2011 his dad was ill and no one felt comfortable with him being gone so long, and so isolated. This year he wasn't going because of our Maryland trip, but I insisted :n00b: Our two remaining parents are doing well, no new grandbabies due right now, farming was early this spring. So I packed his bags and kicked him out. :D What was I thinking? :scratch:

WOW; Glad he got to go. No wonder we haven't seen much of you in the last week you been running the farm solo. What were you thinking. You were thinking you love him.:D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    He really enjoys it. Christmas of 2008 I planned a fishing vacation for him. I had three locations for him to pick from. I laid each trip out and told him when/where and such and when I got to the Canada trip he's eyes lite up.

It was suppose to be a once in a life time trip. After he got back he asked if I thougth he could go again. It was like a child at Christmas time looking pleadfully and anxious to open presents. I told him yes, cause I knew how much it meant to him.

In 2010 out daughter got married and he would have been gone the week before the wedding, so he didn't go. In 2011 his dad was ill and no one felt comfortable with him being gone so long, and so isolated. This year he wasn't going because of our Maryland trip, but I insisted :n00b: Our two remaining parents are doing well, no new grandbabies due right now, farming was early this spring. So I packed his bags and kicked him out. :D What was I thinking? :scratch:
    that you love him dearly and think he deserves the best :dunno:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    When I moved in the middle of the 8th grade from Martinsville to Brownsburg. I was Straight A's in Martinsville and when we got to Brownsburg I was about a year behind in all subjects and struggled to maintain B's and C's until I caught up.

Also, English was my least favorite of all subjects. Science and math was thing.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Now that was just mean.

and I can tell you for a fact not all public education is equal....

Personal Motivation. You'll learn if you want to, or you won't if you have to be spoon fed. Are you trying to say that some schools don't teach spelling at all?

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Just got an email from the outpost, they aren't off the lake and don't know when they will be able to get them. They are still hoping today, but that all depends on the weather. Safety first though. Rather him be a day or two late than never at all.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    When I moved in the middle of the 8th grade from Martinsville to Brownsburg. I was Straight A's in Martinsville and when we got to Brownsburg I was about a year behind in all subjects and struggled to maintain B's and C's until I caught up.

Also, English was my least favorite of all subjects. Science and math was thing.

So Martinsville was easier and Brownsburg had more challenging teachers and lessons? Harder grading scale?

There are a hundred different reasons of why kids struggle in school, especially when they first move that have nothing to do with the school system or the teachers. :twocents:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Just got an email from the outpost, they aren't off the lake and don't know when they will be able to get them. They are still hoping today, but that all depends on the weather. Safety first though. Rather him be a day or two late than never at all.

Hope the weather clears soon Rayne!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    So Martinsville was easier and Brownsburg had more challenging teachers and lessons? Harder grading scale?

There are a hundred different reasons of why kids struggle in school, especially when they first move that have nothing to do with the school system or the teachers. :twocents:

This is really getting old

yes schools teach differently, When we moved to Indy Sara excelled and was way ahead of her class. When she moved back to Argos she was behind and had to catch up. Wasn't new territory for her, she knew the kids, the school, the teachers. So please do tell what could have made her behind? Remember when she moved AWAY from the same school she was ahead.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    This is really getting old

yes schools teach differently, When we moved to Indy Sara excelled and was way ahead of her class. When she moved back to Argos she was behind and had to catch up. Wasn't new territory for her, she knew the kids, the school, the teachers. So please do tell what could have made her behind? Remember when she moved AWAY from the same school she was ahead.

My point was just because they teach differently doesn't mean our public education system sucks like he was implying. And just because you do better at one than the other also doesn't mean the one is worse than the other.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

not necessarily easier, just slower. I didn't blame the teachers or school systems for what they taught. I just said that one was about a year ahead of the other. Maybe in the end they are the same, maybe they are not. :dunno: I can only hypothesize that had I stayed in the first school system I would know less than I did when I finished school in the second system. And I can only theorize from my personal experience.

I also know the same holds true for Mooresville public schools and Covenant Christian High School (private). Covenant is much faster paced and covers in one year what Mooresville covers in two years.

A lot of public school now are about money and graduation rates. All they care is the student does well enough to pass the tests and graduate. I also know for a fact the there are public school administrators who don't know how to send an email or go to a website and submit data. I am standing by my statement you over estimate public education. Yes there are good teachers, yes there are good systems. BUT NOT ALL OF THEM.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom