• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I have had to pull equipment in the past. I now require an equipment deposit. Binds the deal.

Yes, I absolutely hate doing it. This was with the company that manages the Bank owned homes of PNC. They were good until they got 30 days out on jobs. I got stiffed for 3 installs, 2 in Greencastle and 1 in town. Once it hit 90 days and stopped answering my calls I pulled the 1 in town. I'm glad those other 2 were 2 ton Haier units so pulling the Bryant I was only out my Fuel cost and labor.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    i get 60% up front....or they get someone else

That's what I do with customers. I show up with the equipment and I need an equipment payment before it's installed. At least then I can cover my costs and hit them with a lien if the deal tanks.

The deal I got burned on was with a Foreclosure management company. It still ruffles my feathers because I was coming in on bids anywhere from $1,000-1,500 under the competition. And they were no charge/no release systems. You braze, electrical hookups and pressure test with Nitro, then go. (No power on these houses). The profit margin wasn't huge, but I could knock out 3 installs in one day and go home happy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what I do with customers. I show up with the equipment and I need an equipment payment before it's installed. At least then I can cover my costs and hit them with a lien if the deal tanks.

The deal I got burned on was with a Foreclosure management company. It still ruffles my feathers because I was coming in on bids anywhere from $1,000-1,500 under the competition. And they were no charge/no release systems. You braze, electrical hookups and pressure test with Nitro, then go. (No power on these houses). The profit margin wasn't huge, but I could knock out 3 installs in one day and go home happy.

We work totally off referrals. Some off ingo. If I do not know you or someone I know does not vouch for you I am not getting involved. Keeps my stress level manageable.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    smiley-sweaty.gif
    We need to keep this guy around for this summer.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Afternoon everyone!! Kinda a sad day today, wife is packing most of her clothes to take to Vegas. She leaves tomorrow. It's all starting to hit me now. Looks like in about 3 to 4 weeks my life in indiana will be a memory!! Somebody drop their pants and give me a hug!!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Afternoon everyone!! Kinda a sad day today, wife is packing most of her clothes to take to Vegas. She leaves tomorrow. It's all starting to hit me now. Looks like in about 3 to 4 weeks my life in indiana will be a memory!! Somebody drop their pants and give me a hug!!

With only one person pantsless it's just weird. :dunno:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Um, er, Churchmouse, dp, Gman? Where are you guys?
    :coffee::shady: Morning Birds
    Morning Greg, how are you?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK.......Frosty, paging Frosty. Please pick up the ***** pink house phone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom