• ...and so much more!
  • unhingedcuffs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2024
    Greater Indianapolis
    Good afternoon—

I’m seeking recommendations for a folding knife for daily carry when on and off duty.

I carried a non-serrated, non-tanto point Kershaw Blur for 4-5 years in the military, and now almost 5 years on road patrol.

But the recurve in the blade is a pain to sharpen properly, the clip doesn’t hold very well, and the internals are getting rough despite oiling from time.

Looking for a similarly sized folder that is sub-$150. Regular open or assisted is fine, straight or serrated blade is fine, too.

I’ve looked at the CRKT M16, the Spyderco Tenacious and Efficient, and Benchmade Griptillian. I see Civvi and Knafs mentioned in past threads, but I know nothing about those brands.

Main requirements would be durability (we work rain, snow, sleet, heat, and hail) and ease of sharpening.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good afternoon—

I’m seeking recommendations for a folding knife for daily carry when on and off duty.

I carried a non-serrated, non-tanto point Kershaw Blur for 4-5 years in the military, and now almost 5 years on road patrol.

But the recurve in the blade is a pain to sharpen properly, the clip doesn’t hold very well, and the internals are getting rough despite oiling from time.

Looking for a similarly sized folder that is sub-$150. Regular open or assisted is fine, straight or serrated blade is fine, too.

I’ve looked at the CRKT M16, the Spyderco Tenacious and Efficient, and Benchmade Griptillian. I see Civvi and Knafs mentioned in past threads, but I know nothing about those brands.

Main requirements would be durability (we work rain, snow, sleet, heat, and hail) and ease of sharpening.
    Ive carried the M16 for years. Great little knife for the money.

Edged Tools

Your EDC Knife Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    Good afternoon—

Have you looked at the Paramilitary, military, or even the police models from Spyderco?

Some of the zero tolerance would be good too.

If you PM me when you narrow it down I’ll see what I can do to help out since you’re L.E.

The Mini Adamas from Benchmade is a tough one too. And there are a ton of decent well built Civivi, Kershaw, and don’t forget Hogue

unhingedcuffs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2024
    Greater Indianapolis
    Have you looked at the Paramilitary, military, or even the police models from Spyderco?

Some of the zero tolerance would be good too.

If you PM me when you narrow it down I’ll see what I can do to help out since you’re L.E.

The Mini Adamas from Benchmade is a tough one too. And there are a ton of decent well built Civivi, Kershaw, and don’t forget Hogue
    What are your thoughts on the plastic handled Spyderco knives? I saw the Police 4 Lightweight on the web.

Edged Tools

Your EDC Knife Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    What are your thoughts on the plastic handled Spyderco knives? I saw the Police 4 Lightweight on the web.
    I like the G10 version, but the FRN handles are more comfortable than they look. And some people prefer the texture.

I can order their full line and help you get something more for your money. Para 2, 3, and Manix and popular also.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Its a simple all stainless Spyderco Endura for me. Slides in and out of the pocket easy and carries really flat. I carry it in a front thigh pocket on my uniform pant. Ive tried changing to other blades here and there but I just end up going back, Im at the point where I just dont care about fancy blades or this steel or that steel anymore, I got tired of chasing the perfect blade.. It takes an edge and it cuts stuff, that'll work thank you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom