• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Driveshaft was rebuilt and rebalanced. The balancer on the transmission end of the shaft was removed when they balanced it.

Pinion preload was right at 25 inch pounds, which is what it's supposed to be for a new bearing (according to the internet)
    Is it possible you have a rear tire that is out of balance. With what you have done already you should be good to go.

Out Cadillac has a slight vibration around 65 through 80 and it settles out.
    Originally it was a tremor at those speeds. Turns out CKW went pot hole plowing and bent a wheel. I sourced a direct replacement and it was real good until I noticed this. I am betting she whacked another wheel.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    OK so you have some sort of hot rod and we have not seen any pic...Come on man
    Had a few last one was this one but I had to sell it with a cancer diagnosis a few years ago. Not exactly sure how I ended up with an extra set of those plug wire sleeves.20181011_160141.jpg

Attachments

• 20181011_160212.jpg
      20181011_160212.jpg
      702.2 KB · Views: 3

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had a few last one was this one but I had to sell it with a cancer diagnosis a few years ago. Not exactly sure how I ended up with an extra set of those plug wire sleeves.View attachment 136935
    My sons senior pic. We were liking those Z cars.
    up6RYxc.jpg

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Thats a nice example. I am sorry to hear of the medical nightmare but I assume you are past it.....?????
    Not quite. so far I beat the cancer, but the stem cells I needed are now attacking my lungs. Only have 30-40% lung function now. Good news is that it's been steady and not dropping for the last 6months so they are hopeful that it will just stay that way.
    Anyways no use crying over spilled milk, bunch of people have the same crummy stories.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not quite. so far I beat the cancer, but the stem cells I needed are now attacking my lungs. Only have 30-40% lung function now. Good news is that it's been steady and not dropping for the last 6months so they are hopeful that it will just stay that way.
    Anyways no use crying over spilled milk, bunch of people have the same crummy stories.
    I to am a survivor. I pay the price in long term side effects but not at your level.
    Stay strong.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Absolutely not much I can do to the 64 today. Waiting on the next batch of parts to finish up and make the changes to what's already been started.
    Looks like I get to work on the Honey-Do list.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Tell Jeg’s to ship my Drag Radials!
    OK as I am seriously pissed and calling them. This order showed back ordered on Thursday. I logged into account to try and cancel. Had a digital chat with an associate that cancelled that order and I re-ordered picking more expensive bits and pieces to cover my needs.

Opened the 2 boxes and SOB its the cancelled back order......WTAF peoples.

And no invoice in the box. Does anybody actually do their fracking jobs anymore. I think no. Lazy bastards.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK as I am seriously pissed and calling them. This order showed back ordered on Thursday. I logged into account to try and cancel. Had a digital chat with an associate that cancelled that order and I re-ordered picking more expensive bits and pieces to cover my needs.

Opened the 2 boxes and SOB its the cancelled back order......WTAF peoples.

And no invoice in the box. Does anybody actually do their fracking jobs anymore. I think no. Lazy bastards.
    OK is Bastards not on the no print bad word list...>?????

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I had to call Jeg’s as well to find out a estimated delivery date on my backordered tires.

I think Jeg’s is on a downhill slide in the past couple of years.

Top Bottom