• ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Cm,
    The super stock has 807 hp comes with 18 in wheels and drag radials. It has a suspension setting for drag racing along with a bunch of other stuff.
    It's like a baby Demon!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Watching the latest Cleetus video and is was hinted that a car or two from the fleet will be making a trip to "This vs That" at Hoonigan HQ.

Should be interesting.

And speak of Cleetus, I'll be down at the sold out show Saturday!!!

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Watching the latest Cleetus video and is was hinted that a car or two from the fleet will be making a trip to "This vs That" at Hoonigan HQ.

Should be interesting.

And speak of Cleetus, I'll be down at the sold out show Saturday!!!
    I caught that, too. Looking forward to it. Not gonna lie, I wanna see Leroy run the Hoonicorn. I doubt they made it happen, but hot dang that would be a race.

Also will be out at C&C tomorrow. Hope to see ya there!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Was thinking of starting a new thread but I think posting on this one shouldn't be much of a drift, if any.

Back story(long, sorry!). I have had gasoline in my blood since I was a little boy. Growing up in Flint, MI there was quite a strong car culture.

I had some fun with cars in high school but being the mid to late '70's I kinda missed the heyday of the hot rod era.

Fast forward to adulting and I got a job in the automotive aftermarket industry. TRW and then Federal Mogul. Had a lot of fun years.

With those jobs and every job since I have been fortunate to have company cars for my transportation. It's nice. Basically a free car for me for the past 35+ years.

However, that means I have never been able to drive/own what I want. And driving Taurus', mini-vans, and the like just hasn't fulfilled my desire for something I want.

But now it's just my wife and I and I'm about 6 years or so from retirement. I have been thinking lately that my time for a cool vehicle is past. I missed that opportunity. But then after seeing Christian Patriot's avatar I thought to myself; "or have I?"

Out of high school I worked at the Chevy truck plant building new trucks. I am now thinking that I could look for a square body (1978 would be cool since it's the year I graduated from HS and I was working at GM at that time) and have a project to work on plus something to drive in retirement. As much as I like hot rod cars, I think for my lifestyle a truck would work better. I am not a show car guy and won't be going to the tracks but I will haul lumber, rototillers, mulch, etc..

So, I'm starting to do some research on what I want as a base.

I would like to buy one that is mostly done but chances are I'll have to redo whatever someone else has done since I'm fairly OCD on doing it right. But I do know that often times if you buy one that has a lot of work already completed, you can save some money over starting with a basketcase.

Think I should go for this? Or accept that my time has passed and buy a used Tacoma when I retire?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Was thinking of starting a new thread but I think posting on this one shouldn't be much of a drift, if any.

Back story(long, sorry!). I have had gasoline in my blood since I was a little boy. Growing up in Flint, MI there was quite a strong car culture.

I had some fun with cars in high school but being the mid to late '70's I kinda missed the heyday of the hot rod era.

Fast forward to adulting and I got a job in the automotive aftermarket industry. TRW and then Federal Mogul. Had a lot of fun years.

With those jobs and every job since I have been fortunate to have company cars for my transportation. It's nice. Basically a free car for me for the past 35+ years.

However, that means I have never been able to drive/own what I want. And driving Taurus', mini-vans, and the like just hasn't fulfilled my desire for something I want.

But now it's just my wife and I and I'm about 6 years or so from retirement. I have been thinking lately that my time for a cool vehicle is past. I missed that opportunity. But then after seeing Christian Patriot's avatar I thought to myself; "or have I?"

Out of high school I worked at the Chevy truck plant building new trucks. I am now thinking that I could look for a square body (1978 would be cool since it's the year I graduated from HS and I was working at GM at that time) and have a project to work on plus something to drive in retirement. As much as I like hot rod cars, I think for my lifestyle a truck would work better. I am not a show car guy and won't be going to the tracks but I will haul lumber, rototillers, mulch, etc..

So, I'm starting to do some research on what I want as a base.

I would like to buy one that is mostly done but chances are I'll have to redo whatever someone else has done since I'm fairly OCD on doing it right. But I do know that often times if you buy one that has a lot of work already completed, you can save some money over starting with a basketcase.

Think I should go for this? Or accept that my time has passed and buy a used Tacoma when I retire?
    Go for it, but don't wait to long because those are rising in price really fast.

What to buy depends what you want, a nice solid driver or a really clean truck with good paint and interior. There are still really solid unrestored trucks in the south and west that would make great drivers, but they won't be all nice and shiny.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Muscle Truck all the way man.

jjKPxEa.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Go for it, but don't wait to long because those are rising in price really fast.

What to buy depends what you want, a nice solid driver or a really clean truck with good paint and interior. There are still really solid unrestored trucks in the south and west that would make great drivers, but they won't be all nice and shiny.
    Clean and shiny topside is not necessary. Eat off of clean underhood and underbody is. I want a nice solid driver since I will be using it.

I keep thinking that as boomers stop spending money and start dying, the market should crash. Are these popular enough with younger generations to keep the prices going up?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I keep thinking that as boomers stop spending money and start dying, the market should crash. Are these popular enough with younger generations to keep the prices going up?
    Yes.

New truck prices are crazy, square bodies are easy candidates for swaps and modding, and they still pull truck duty.
    Gearheads would always rather hotrod something like a square body vs something new, until the prices get high enough they move to the next option, which is OBS body style and those have already started jumping in price.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    *Eargasm warning*

The last 3 street cars (street/track/ had basic radios in them that were never turned on when I was driving. Drove my kids nuts. Listen you little :poop: stains......"HiWay song"
    The sounds from the drive train mesmerize me. A sb Chev at full song (6500/7800) is the music of the gods.

Those ass munch that put huge stereos on a perfectly wonderful Harley drive me nuts. Grow a set boys.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I would suggest you start looking in the rust free states.

Most clean ones found around me were brought back here by someone who found it somewhere else and the price reflects it. Sometime an old timers truck comes up, but if you aren't actively knocking on doors and asking you probably won't be the one to find it.

Top Bottom