• ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Seems you are in the same canoe. 2 steps forward and 3 back...:):
    No biggie, I've come to expect it. Kinda like I tell my guys at work, when you walk in the first thing in the morning expect it to be as bad as it can get. If it's a quiet day you've scored a huge win, if it actually IS bad, well you're prepared for it when you walk in.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I'm game for a meetup.
    Driveshaft for the Mustang is still in the back of the truck. Apparently it snows in the springtime now, and I didn't feel like jacking with that so I didn't do anything yesterday. And then today I got a little booked up. Planning on putting it back in tomorrow even if the weather is crappy. Really wanna see if this fixes my issue.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I looked at fabricating a new crossmember for the 64 as the T-400 is longer than the Power Glide it came with. The stock CM was not going to come close.
    After figuring gathering the materials, fabing it up and installing it was over 1 days work. Buddy turned me onto a site and I nabbed one made to put the T-400 in that frame for $125 which is much less than half what my time would cost. It came with the mount/hardware. Cant beat that.

It came yesterday and today it dropped right in.
    Nice piece. IMG_4529 (1).jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Primed the oil again. Set the engine on #1 TDC.
    Dug out the distributor. Dropped in in and put in the new plugs I picked up today.
    It became obvious that the people at Heddman do not have a clue.
    I bought these headers when I owned the car and went through Heddmen as they are $150 less than a set of hookers. Again.....I should have paid Hooker money. #3 and #4 plug are too close to the pipes to get the wire boot on. I knew it would be a problem as I have Merlin angle plug raised port heads on this engine. The angle plugs and raised exhaust port are an issue with inexpensive headers. So I went to lengths to make sure I was good to go.

Mouse.....Hi Mr Heddman man I have need of a specific set of headers for my 64 "X" frame "A" body. (mouse runs off the specs)

Mr Heddman man.....Lets have a look.....Cue terrible on hold music........10 minutes later.....
    OK mpuse I have checked and our people say these headers will work for you.

Mouse....Outstanding take my money.

Looks like I will be modifying the pipes on those 2 cylinders.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Primed the oil again. Set the engine on #1 TDC.
    Dug out the distributor. Dropped in in and put in the new plugs I picked up today.
    It became obvious that the people at Heddman do not have a clue.
    I bought these headers when I owned the car and went through Heddmen as they are $150 less than a set of hookers. Again.....I should have paid Hooker money. #3 and #4 plug are too close to the pipes to get the wire boot on. I knew it would be a problem as I have Merlin angle plug raised port heads on this engine. The angle plugs and raised exhaust port are an issue with inexpensive headers. So I went to lengths to make sure I was good to go.

Mouse.....Hi Mr Heddman man I have need of a specific set of headers for my 64 "X" frame "A" body. (mouse runs off the specs)

Mr Heddman man.....Lets have a look.....Cue terrible on hold music........10 minutes later.....
    OK mpuse I have checked and our people say these headers will work for you.

Mouse....Outstanding take my money.

Looks like I will be modifying the pipes on those 2 cylinders.
    1619134194761.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was at the resto/paint shop today re-evaluating the work/effort involved in pushing the rear wells in for more tire clearance and looky what they got started on.
    #s match....427 triple's 3 peddle car. 69 and not to beat up. They pulled it from a storage building in the state of Maine last summer along with a 70 ElCamino. The El is near done.
    IMG_4525.jpg

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I was at the resto/paint shop today re-evaluating the work/effort involved in pushing the rear wells in for more tire clearance and looky what they got started on.
    #s match....427 triple's 3 peddle car. 69 and not to beat up. They pulled it from a storage building in the state of Maine last summer along with a 70 ElCamino. The El is near done.
    View attachment 136816
    My dad knew a guy that had one, a blue stingray and I loved most everything about that car. He also had a 63 and I truly don't know which one I would take if I had the chance.

Top Bottom