Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Yes but WTF is that guy smoking. That car would bring just north of that fully restored. And no, the 455 is not the original engine.
    Could be original engine. GM lifted the ban on over 400 inches for '70. Not all 455 cars are W30's. It appears to be a stripper 442. The vin and tag will tell all. It's not that bad of a price if original.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Family cruiser. Just needs some pretty wheels and Mexican blanket seat covers.

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1965-chevrolet-caprice/6598433200.html
    That is exactly what I want for a crew cab daily. That paint would shine again. Fresh rubber, cooler wheels, stance it right, restore the interior, overdrive trans, trailer hitch, fresh little torquey small block, disc brakes. I’d do that in a heartbeat. Anyone wanna buy a rusty suburban that needs a bunch of work?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Could be original engine. GM lifted the ban on over 400 inches for '70. Not all 455 cars are W30's. It appears to be a stripper 442. The vin and tag will tell all. It's not that bad of a price if original.

Good point. But for the life of me I can not remember one of those with a 455 in it that was not a W-30 but hey, I did not get to see them all...:):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My music tastes are all over the place, this weekend I was one of those people we all love to hate. The factory Bose system in the Burb sounds soooo good with a different head unit, getting some Fort Wayne’s Famous Coney Island after a long hot days work with my cousin on my car, some Bob Marley came on, Punky Reggae Party. I’ve never heard the song, but it’s on my phone. AC doesn’t currently work on the truck so windows were down. Bass was all the way up and hitting pretty hard. Two white boys blasting Marley downtown, we got some funny looks. :):

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My music tastes are all over the place, this weekend I was one of those people we all love to hate. The factory Bose system in the Burb sounds soooo good with a different head unit, getting some Fort Wayne’s Famous Coney Island after a long hot days work with my cousin on my car, some Bob Marley came on, Punky Reggae Party. I’ve never heard the song, but it’s on my phone. AC doesn’t currently work on the truck so windows were down. Bass was all the way up and hitting pretty hard. Two white boys blasting Marley downtown, we got some funny looks. :):

Don't knock white boys blasting Marley!:xmad: He's hanging on the wall in our office here at the house!:rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom