• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just watched the Cash Days Street Outlaws from Monday night. Berry Nicholson and his Godfather Camaro took one heck of a wild ride.

I have it on DVR hopefully will get to watch it tomorrow.

Unfortunately Berry N has crashed that Camero on more than one occasion. From the clip I saw it looked like his car just made a hard right turn. Makes me wonder if it broke an axle

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I hate giving up, but sometimes you just have to know when to walk away... Got my flywheel and driveshaft back today so I figured I’d get the trans in tonight... Well it had other plans, it’s about an inch from sliding and it just stops. I confirmed with my old pilot that it slips over the input shaft. After spending 3 hours laying on concrete trying to wrestle it in, the car won tonight...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I hate giving up, but sometimes you just have to know when to walk away... Got my flywheel and driveshaft back today so I figured I’d get the trans in tonight... Well it had other plans, it’s about an inch from sliding and it just stops. I confirmed with my old pilot that it slips over the input shaft. After spending 3 hours laying on concrete trying to wrestle it in, the car won tonight...

You could always get a matress under there.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think Doc is the only one still running NOS.

From best I can recall yes he is. Obviously a twin turbo set up makes mega HP and that makes them very difficult to beat. But another aspect that has been playing into it for almost two years is Doc, Monza and Reaper all relyed on Monte Smith for tuning/ nitrous tech support. Monte passed away and then a few months later a plant that produces nitrous oxide had a fire and it lead to a big time nitrous shortage. Medical facilities got what was available first and what was left over was very scarce. At one point last summer local suppliers were on a 3-6 month waiting list. That's when a lot of people took the leap and either went to turbos or superchargers

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I stayed up and watched the SO cash days.
    Just like NAPCAR they have field fillers. I bet it is a tough SOB to get 32 fast and reliable cars out there for a 2 day event.

The New Murder Nova is fast.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I stayed up and watched the SO cash days.
    Just like NAPCAR they have field fillers. I bet it is a tough SOB to get 32 fast and reliable cars out there for a 2 day event.

The New Murder Nova is fast.

Yeah, I bet it is tough to find 32 reliable fast cars in one location. I think cash days is usually done by invitation and as you know some guys think their car is faster than it really is. But regardless if it's napcar, nhra, indy or a local series there are always filler cars or also rans (becasue the filler car also ran). Doesn't help that parts breakage can be insane when they are pushing stuff to its maximum capabilities.

The new Murder Nova should be fast. I bet that car only weighs about 2500-2600 lbs. Going to the small block was probably worth about 180-200lbs.

I saw where SO No prep kings was signed for a second season.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I bet it is tough to find 32 reliable fast cars in one location. I think cash days is usually done by invitation and as you know some guys think their car is faster than it really is. But regardless if it's napcar, nhra, indy or a local series there are always filler cars or also rans (becasue the filler car also ran). Doesn't help that parts breakage can be insane when they are pushing stuff to its maximum capabilities.

The new Murder Nova should be fast. I bet that car only weighs about 2500-2600 lbs. Going to the small block was probably worth about 180-200lbs.

I saw where SO No prep kings was signed for a second season.

I was wondering if that show would stick. I like it.

Heads up 32 fast cars is a challenge I am sure. That is why Bracket is so popular. Everyone with a skill set has a chance. Hell even we won our fair share.....:):

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Any good chassis or engine dyno’s around Indy? I don’t even know what the going rate is.

There's a place in Waverly that all the ricers and turbo guys use but can't think of the name right now. They do dyno nights or some such and you can usually tell when they're letting out by the inevitable wrecks on 37/144 when they line them up or pull out into heavy traffic with too little clearance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom