• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Just could not get into the Mustangs after 1970. . . . Until the F-bodys of the 80's/early 90's.

Not a big fan of the 71-3's myself however the chase scene in "Diamonds Are Forever" does earn them honorable mention! My dad had his car in the shop for a week back in the early '70's at a buddies shop; the buddy also had a small used car business so he loaned dad a red and black 1971 Mach 1 that looked just like the one in DAF, talk about a kid sporting wood for a week!!:rockwoot::laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not a big fan of the 71-3's myself however the chase scene in "Diamonds Are Forever" does earn them honorable mention! My dad had his car in the shop for a week back in the early '70's at a buddies shop; the buddy also had a small used car business so he loaned dad a red and black 1971 Mach 1 that looked just like the one in DAF, talk about a kid sporting wood for a week!!:rockwoot::laugh:

Buddy had that body style 351 3 peddles car. It was a hoot to drive but the big flight deck angled rear glass sucked.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

I like it...not a big fan of light blue but that could be changed or left alone its not the worst light blue. I could probably learn to live with it. Very clean car

Before I was born my dad had a few Falcons at different times. He had a 65 with a 302 (I think) and a 4spd. He said the 4spd shifter had a bit of over travel in and he used to bust his knuckles on the vertical heater controls when he was getting serious banging gears.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Family cruiser. Just needs some pretty wheels and Mexican blanket seat covers.

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1965-chevrolet-caprice/6598433200.html

That is doable. It is better shape than my 1967 when I limped it home from South California. I only gave $500 for mine though.
    283 Glide car. Hit hard in the passenger quarter. I can not for the life of me find any pics of it when I got it (barely) home.
    Pic is right after the heart transplant and body work.

tVOnrNJ.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man all your cars are way too nice :laugh:

Dedication. I found that one setting on the corner package store lot when we went for beer after a long day at the race track. They wanted $750 for it. Ran on 6 of the 8 holes and hit pretty hard in the quarter. We (race team was lodged across the street for 4 days and were in the store for beer multiple times) and I beat on the owner relentlessly. We stayed 2 extra days after the race to sight see the area before flying home. I cashed out my seat with another team member and took $500 in to negotiate. I believe he succumbed just to be rid of me. I had to scrounge up gas money to drive it home from San Diago. I tuned it up and had 7 of 8 running and changed the oil and trans fluid.
    I stole some bedding from the hotel and hit the road. I slept in the car where I could here and there. The last 2 days I never shut it off as it was running so bad I feared it would not start. I made it home on 5 of 8. Went through 12 qts of oil.

I really wanted that car.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Dedication. I found that one setting on the corner package store lot when we went for beer after a long day at the race track. They wanted $750 for it. Ran on 6 of the 8 holes and hit pretty hard in the quarter. We (race team was lodged across the street for 4 days and were in the store for beer multiple times) and I beat on the owner relentlessly. We stayed 2 extra days after the race to sight see the area before flying home. I cashed out my seat with another team member and took $500 in to negotiate. I believe he succumbed just to be rid of me. I had to scrounge up gas money to drive it home from San Diago. I tuned it up and had 7 of 8 running and changed the oil and trans fluid.
    I stole some bedding from the hotel and hit the road. I slept in the car where I could here and there. The last 2 days I never shut it off as it was running so bad I feared it would not start. I made it home on 5 of 8. Went through 12 qts of oil.

I really wanted that car.

I can see why though. The fastback Impala is one of my all-time favorites.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can see why though. The fastback Impala is one of my all-time favorites.

The spouse and I rolled it out to many races. Hendick's Motor sports GTP operation ran 2 races in Ohio and 2 in the Carolina's. The team put us up in our own room and she hung with us helping work on both cars when needed. That car was in the garage area at many tracks. Hiway rolling cruiser.
    I sold it to one of my friends on the team and it is sitting on top of a mountain somewhere in Colorado. Not moved in years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom