Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not super familiar with it. But from what I gather by looking at them in a number of cars it looks to use the hemi style cam, magneto etc. Being all billet it's really a custom design. Pretty sure the heads use the hemi bolt pattern but the heads are their own design that only share some characteristics of a BBC. The whole 481x came from Alan Johnson (Top Fuel genius). He took the top fuel hemi and used the BBC bore space to stay under a 5" bore and created a cylinder head that isn't a hemi head but is kinda sort of like a BBC big chief head. From my understanding in pro mod anything with a 5" bore spacing gets a lead weight trophy so this came about so guys could get the weight break of a smaller bore.
    It is amazing what some of these guys can build from a big chunk of aluminum.

Having so many friends in the top fuel world I have met Allen a few times. We had a gathering of the minds on his Harley Billet heads. He is a freaking genius.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It’s gonna be a crazy couple weeks up at Rusty’s place. Once you get that first domino to fall, watch out.....
    Shall be my friend! I have a bad habit of not being able to catch the dominos once they start going over... oh well, car will be totally mechanically solid at that point! Freshish injun, new trans, fresh steering! Looking forward to daily driving that old turd this year!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom