Not open for further replies.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

One of my closest friends sitting in the engine bay. He is retired and offered to help on this project. He has had a couple of his cars in magazines and there is nobody else I would want helping me detail the engine compartment. I am not taking it to the level of his cars, but I still want it nice.

Had to have some paint mixed over the weekend. A couple areas we are going to sand and shoot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

One of my closest friends sitting in the engine bay. He is retired and offered to help on this project. He has had a couple of his cars in magazines and there is nobody else I would want helping me detail the engine compartment. I am not taking it to the level of his cars, but I still want it nice.

Had to have some paint mixed over the weekend. A couple areas we are going to sand and shoot.

Doing it right.......:thumbsup:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Looks like I'll get away with just new calipers. I can't belive everything came apart. Hopefully get it done before the snow hits tonight. I'm at the parts store now.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Can't believe I got it done. The 3 calipers went real smooth. I bled them enough to make it to the shop tomorrow. I'll have them align the front end and the bleed the brakes.

Looks likes I gained 3 inches from the new coil springs. That's good.

KmwKX0l.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks. It feels good to accomplish a major project. Except my body reminds me I'm not 20 years old anymore. I'm so dang sore. Up and down from the driveway the past 2 days. My forearms are rubber.

That is my issues. I can get down and do the work but that getting up thing is a drag.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That is my issues. I can get down and do the work but that getting up thing is a drag.

I'm nowhere near as aged as CM but yeah the up/diwn song and dance only makes the job take longer, makes me drag me feet, and pisses me off. No matter how many times I try to get all the tools I need, something else is always needed. Thankfully I usually have dad (who isn't getting under a car anymore to chase tools/parts and whatever else I need. It really helps get the job done

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm nowhere near as aged as CM but yeah the up/diwn song and dance only makes the job take longer, makes me drag me feet, and pisses me off. No matter how many times I try to get all the tools I need, something else is always needed. Thankfully I usually have dad (who isn't getting under a car anymore to chase tools/parts and whatever else I need. It really helps get the job done

My son has stepped up of late. He is showing some talent. Maybe all those hours I tried to teach him something have paid off. He is becoming a big help.

Just watched the 405 hand Gas Monkey its ass again. Pretty good show.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Googled up on of the drivers that I worked on his car. Sarel Van der Merwe. South African. Bad ass. If you scan the page of pics 2 of the cars I used to crew on are in there. The Kreepy Crawly March and the Hendricks GTP Corvette. Sarel drove on both teams.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I took my truck in for the alignment this morning. I can't believe how much difference that 3" of ride height makes. I had to adjust my seat angle.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just watched the 405 hand Gas Monkey its ass again. Pretty good show.

I just finished watching it too. I can't stand Richard anymore. Since Aaron left, I won't be watching Gas Monkey. And Aaron has his own show now. I'll watch that a little later. Hope it's good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just finished watching it too. I can't stand Richard anymore. Since Aaron left, I won't be watching Gas Monkey. And Aaron has his own show now. I'll watch that a little later. Hope it's good.

Aron played the straight man to the loud mouth show off. I mean Richard.

The look on his face was priceless.
    I do believe that black car was on a run. Fireball was about to get beat. But, tooooooo much power.

Fire ball is a beast. Did you take a good look at the engine. SOB it is sweet.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

I do believe that black car was on a run. Fireball was about to get beat. But, tooooooo much power.

I looked close when he was changing the cam. Yep. It's all power.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

The fireball is a beast. I was shocked it weighed over 2900lbs. That proline engine is a 481x all billet engine. They are some bad muthas. I saw where good old Daddy Dave has a new 481x that he recently put in his car along with a new set of zoomies looks pretty good

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The fireball is a beast. I was shocked it weighed over 2900lbs. That proline engine is a 481x all billet engine. They are some bad muthas. I saw where good old Daddy Dave has a new 481x that he recently put in his car along with a new set of zoomies looks pretty good

In the show, Ryan said his motor was a 541 I thought.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Agreed the look on Richards face was priceless. But I will also point out in addition to bringing in Laughlin to drive (which was smart and needed due to the speeds) but he brought in Alex's dad (pro stock crew chief) and he again brought in Frankie the madman Taylor (bad ass pro mod racer) to tune that screw blown engine.
    Oh and when Alex was testing and whined about how the front end was coming up and twisting....I laughed and said drive it P#$$@! Our car has left withe the wheels up and torque rolled worse than that...we had the exact same problem needed a bigger anti roll bar. Also did anyone notice in one of last weeks episodes they replaced the rear shocks? Did anyone catch when Mr Laughlin said the old shocks weren't adjustable? I was like seriously you didn't know that a year ago?
    I was glad to see Richard lose again. Oh yeah one more thing. Just a couple weeks ago Ryan and the fireball went 3.94 at 200+ in the 1/8th at Lights Out9 in South Georgia

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom