• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah the crew cab might be out of commission. Too late to mess with it tonight. Had a burger with a shady fella. Had to put the truck into the tow/haul setting to get the intake manifold home I got from him :laugh:

The Ventura is much more driveable now with a stock intake manifold on it. That single plane was a really bad decision by somebody. If you get up on the converter a little, it’ll roast the tires all the way through 1st, halfway through 2nd, and it chirps 3rd. Still needs more squirter, but it’s close. Had to remove the vacuum advance from the distributor, manifold wouldn’t fit without it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah the crew cab might be out of commission. Too late to mess with it tonight. Had a burger with a shady fella. Had to put the truck into the tow/haul setting to get the intake manifold home I got from him :laugh:

The Ventura is much more driveable now with a stock intake manifold on it. That single plane was a really bad decision by somebody. If you get up on the converter a little, it’ll roast the tires all the way through 1st, halfway through 2nd, and it chirps 3rd. Still needs more squirter, but it’s close. Had to remove the vacuum advance from the distributor, manifold wouldn’t fit without it.

Can you clock the distributor.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So a good friend called me on my "B" day to wish me well. The discussion went to the glory days as often they do. We mulled over some of the crazy **** and also some of the seriously cool **** we had done. I bid him goodbye and was pleased we had touched base. We do not see each other much these days.
    Then my phone starts sounding off. He sent me a series of pics from "Those days"..............All I could do was smile and remember.

This is one. The USAC midget we ran. It is the Armstrong mold car the John Andretti won his 1st USAC championship in. The car belongs to the man on the left and his son. I owned the engine. It is the infamouse stroker I have outlined in the past in this thread. My friend who is standing next to him. The next person over is another dear friend. I am in the bright shirt on the right. The 3 of us crewed on the Hendricks GTP Corvette. My buddy and his dad got me into open wheel and professional racing. That is Gary Bettenhousen (Sp) strapped in the car. This is in the Hoosier dome indoor race. The year escapes me. We led it 2 times and the same clown spun us out twice. Then he ended up parked on the hood of our car. Close to murder that night....:):

Good times.
    hacJF3K.jpg

The PS in his signature was his attempt to get us to run him in the Phoenix race in his modified.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Sunday morning fun. 4 new control arms, coil spring, shocks and stab links. It came apart real easy for a 2003. Didn't need to get the impact out!

exrMflW.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I got that side done except the shock and stab link. Not bad at all. Although my forearms haven't been this sore since I was a teenager!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got called for help. They needed an extra set of hands so off to the races. I saw some email correspondence that Dub's might want this car in their booth at SEMA. Wow.

pARqFd1.jpg

YO33WiT.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom