Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So after months of waiting on the body shop we are setting the engine in the Olds Cutlass tomorrow.
    Loading it in my truck in the morning and off we go. Get it set and make a list. Half inch fuel line and wire loom need to be ran back before the bady is set back on the frame.

The frame is ready. Looked it over today.
    OuvaJkM.jpg

Color is amazing. Pics do nothing for it.
    NnDzx30.jpg

08wFXkF.jpg

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have a theory that CM builds Cheech and Chong cars !
    I do love the color and that was the best looking Olds ever made.
    About 1984 a dude I knew had a 71 Olds Cutlass SX with a 455 I think it had about every option you could get it was the sedan style. He crashed the car while drunk what a waste the car was factory dark green with a white top in perfect condition.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a theory that CM builds Cheech and Chong cars !
    I do love the color and that was the best looking Olds ever made.
    About 1984 a dude I knew had a 71 Olds Cutlass SX with a 455 I think it had about every option you could get it was the sedan style. He crashed the car while drunk what a waste the car was factory dark green with a white top in perfect condition.

If you show up with a stack of fresh $20 bills and a smile.....and I like you.....yup, low ride

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just bought 4 new control arms w/ ball joints, a set of coil springs and new stabilizer links for my truck. After 180,000 miles, things are a bit loose. (03 Ram 1/2 ton, 2wd) I did the inner and outer tie rods a two years ago, along with new shocks. Now I just have to wait for a break in the weather. I don't have a garage (big enough to fit my truck in).

Once I get it done and aligned, it will be back to tearing up the round-a-bouts!!! :rockwoot:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Wifey hit a massive pothole the other day. Not her fault, right over the top of a crest. Took out the passenger rear tire and something is clunking in the front passenger suspension/steering. It’s gonna be an expensive pothole.... :faint:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wifey hit a massive pothole the other day. Not her fault, right over the top of a crest. Took out the passenger rear tire and something is clunking in the front passenger suspension/steering. It’s gonna be an expensive pothole.... :faint:

I bent a wheel and ruined a tire a few months back. Only out about $400 on that one, of course the city denied it. . .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. Loaded out at 10:00 this morning. Stopped for chow and off to the body shop.

zrnALgR.jpg

Had to get the frame out of the corner and out where we could have our way with it.

HN352Y3.jpg

Off loaded the engine.

RYzn2Yf.jpg

And set it in the frame.......But
    CQY099p.jpg

In this car getting shuffled from shop to shop.....then the frame stripped and powder coated the K-frame engine mounts were lost. The owner of the car and the shop owner wanted to get the new set so I stood back and smiled. Yup....the engine sets back 5" to far in the frame now. Wrong mounts. The headers hit everywhere. Same engine/trans cross member/headers/trans that came out of it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    OK. Loaded out at 10:00 this morning. Stopped for chow and off to the body shop.

zrnALgR.jpg

Had to get the frame out of the corner and out where we could have our way with it.

HN352Y3.jpg

Off loaded the engine.

RYzn2Yf.jpg

And set it in the frame.......But
    CQY099p.jpg

In this car getting shuffled from shop to shop.....then the frame stripped and powder coated the K-frame engine mounts were lost. The owner of the car and the shop owner wanted to get the new set so I stood back and smiled. Yup....the engine sets back 5" to far in the frame now. Wrong mounts. The headers hit everywhere. Same engine/trans cross member/headers/trans that came out of it.

Well did they ever find the correct mounts?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well did they ever find the correct mounts?

Apparently the frame mounts are the correct ones. We all burnt up the interwebs looking. They make 2 sets for the Olds. We have the right ones on the frame.
    A local named Cutty Bob (go figure) that is the Olds Guru told me I had the engine mounts in the wrong holes on the block. There were 2 sets of holes. WTF really...???

Yes, really. My bad.....:):
    The 2nd set is just behind the ones I used. It moves the engine forward the 5" needed. Duh.....:facepalm:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Apparently the frame mounts are the correct ones. We all burnt up the interwebs looking. They make 2 sets for the Olds. We have the right ones on the frame.
    A local named Cutty Bob (go figure) that is the Olds Guru told me I had the engine mounts in the wrong holes on the block. There were 2 sets of holes. WTF really...???

Yes, really. My bad.....:):
    The 2nd set is just behind the ones I used. It moves the engine forward the 5" needed. Duh.....:facepalm:

I’m hoping my K-member has Pontiac motor mount holes and GM motor mount holes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom