Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Update on the Bee from post 2725.

Had 3 bad lifters causing the noise we were hearing, at least that what we believe. The oil holes were clogged.

Also had a couple piston rings cracked, bad valve guides and one main bearing with some excessive wear. I was hoping to get away with new cam and lifters but as we dug into her and found other issues she is getting a complete rebuild. The machine shop should have everything back to us by the end of the week.

Will post pictures when I get the parts back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Update on the Bee from post 2725.

Had 3 bad lifters causing the noise we were hearing, at least that what we believe. The oil holes were clogged.

Also had a couple piston rings cracked, bad valve guides and one main bearing with some excessive wear. I was hoping to get away with new cam and lifters but as we dug into her and found other issues she is getting a complete rebuild. The machine shop should have everything back to us by the end of the week.

Will post pictures when I get the parts back.

If you had crap in the lifter oil holes there had to be more.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When your daily blows a power steering line in the driveway after you get home last night and your called into action to fulfill Uncle duties so you don’t have time to fix it yet... You fire up the old beast and drive into work at -7 degrees. :):

2ugm1ll.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So this wonderful bitter cold weather isn't doing me any favors. Our garage was built without any insulation with unfinished walls (exposed studs and celotex) and minimal insulation in the rafters. So we only run the heat when we plan to be working. I tried yesterday but trying to sit on a creeper on that cold concrete floor and laying out cut lines on the quarters was miserable. I had high hopes for this week but just don't really see much progress happening with this much cold weather.

I need a warm shop with a lift. Lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So this wonderful bitter cold weather isn't doing me any favors. Our garage was built without any insulation with unfinished walls (exposed studs and celotex) and minimal insulation in the rafters. So we only run the heat when we plan to be working. I tried yesterday but trying to sit on a creeper on that cold concrete floor and laying out cut lines on the quarters was miserable. I had high hopes for this week but just don't really see much progress happening with this much cold weather.

I need a warm shop with a lift. Lol

Salamander......all I got for you.

My shop was the same construction. Built in 1958 and bare bones. We ran all the power, gas lines, insulated and drywalled it. We had to.
    Used to have the old fuel oil furnace we pulled out of the house when we went gas. Man that thing would heat up fast.
    Now we have a unit heater and keep the shop 50* except when we are in there....60* work temp. Maybe warmer.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I tried to fire my turd up but I guess it still has too much E85 in the tank. Ethanol doesn't like cold weather. :(

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Salamander......all I got for you.

My shop was the same construction. Built in 1958 and bare bones. We ran all the power, gas lines, insulated and drywalled it. We had to.
    Used to have the old fuel oil furnace we pulled out of the house when we went gas. Man that thing would heat up fast.
    Now we have a unit heater and keep the shop 50* except when we are in there....60* work temp. Maybe warmer.

I'm going to grab a bite for lunch and am headed to TRactor Supply to see what kind of heater I can find. Salimander would help but where I need it at is right between the fuel cell & vent on the Tbird and the quarters one the mustang. So I am going to see about maybe a 3 burner propane heater or some kind of electric heater I can hang overhead

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom