Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes. I’ll get the body squared away and make it a roller for you. Gotta get the body on the new frame, then hang the new quarter on it. Would much rather have a 64 vert :cool:. Don’t care for the 57’s.

I love a 57 but if mine is going it will get replaced by a 62/65 post car of some kind.
    The original owner has been relentless I sell it back. And not for what I paid either. He wants everything I have built.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I never tried the wheel speed thing. My cars dead hooked. Rolled into the tires and set them.
    I do know the radials have no side wall flex and that would be something for me to overcome.
    For track use it allows the use of a softer spring/shock setting. But the biggest benefit it is at full song on top end it has a more stable feeling (so I been told, I haven't run radials myself...yet). You have seen a lot of guys who run a 10.5 slck with a 14" wide wheel and the sidewall is spread outward to the bead. They do that to take out the flex and help make the car feel more stable on top end. I know some radial tire guys that do the same thing even though the sidewall is already stiffer. But with your previous experience dead hooking a tire you won't have much trouble with the radial tire

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Finally got this together today. Set the pinion depth where they wanted it, installed the factory stock side shims and the pattern was dead on! After doing this 12 bolt, I learned quite a bit and after struggling to get the carrier in place with the races and shims, I understand why the 9” is the go to. I learned why they are stronger, but now understand why they are just much easier.

309sykn.jpg

149tn9c.jpg

Just have a couple things to address on the caliper to rotor centering..

263evxl.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very nice Rusty.
    After you do enough of these you find easier ways to get them together. Did you have the "Spreader" tool...???

9' Is a lot less stressful to build.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom