• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My Pontiac 350 has some blow by. Not a big deal but it spits out the breathers quite a bit, and the oil spots in the driveway are annoying. Sooo....baffled valve cover breathers? There’s a provision on my air cleaner for a tube, so I get an elbow to fit the valve cover and hook it up that way?
    Factory PCV system FTW! I forgot to look through my stash to see if I have any of that...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    PCV won't necessarily correct the over pressure problem. I was relying on a pcv valve to to vent the crankcase and that valve requires a certain amount of pressure to unseat it and vent the crankcase. In my instance it took move pressure to vent the crankcase than it took to force oil out of various locations it wasn't been to be forced thru. I ended up installing a simple vent hose from one valve cover to the bottom of the air breather to give a non pressure dependent path for crankcase ventilation. Oil leak problems solved It's not exactly what I'd call pretty but until I get other issues worked out I'm not too concerned about "pretty".

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Here you go brother.

2rww3l2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom