• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I’m only slightly older than you, but I remember when 13’s was like the benchmark on quarter mile times, anything slower than that wasn’t worth talking about. Now that number is like low 12’s high 11’s. Bone stock base model Mustang GT’s with traction will do 11’s nowadays. Crazy world we live in.

Good point. It's amazing how fast technology changes things and how those changes effect the sport. I remember when we first started building the Tbird back in 2002, how popular Outlaw 10.5(w) was and it was growing. Since then that class has pretty much died. Back then a 10.5w was considered to be an equalizer because of the tires relatively small size. Now guys are running super fast on tiny tires while making incredible amounts of HP and Torque.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You’ll be there. GM’s zz383 is rated at 425, it’s just standard parts nothing special. Vortec heads, mild cam. Single plane intake.

If we did not already have a good manifold (Wiend Stealth) I could get a set of vortecs and port match them. They are great street heads. Cant do the 1-6 rockers but they do work.
    If his budget lets us get a set of heads (I love the cast World pieces) 425 is a breeze. With the 3.90 and a 2000 stall that car will make anyone smile.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    We’re old souls. The new stuff is mind blowing from a technological standpoint, but it’ll never be old school cool. We know who gets more looks :cool:
    2sanh9f.jpg
    [/IMG]

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’m so far behind the 8 ball. Tons of normal stuff that I need and don’t have. Timing light. Vacuum gauge. Engine stand. Engine hoist. Stuff I should have already for a guy my age.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I just got a knock on the door. Christmas for the Mouse.....:woot:

8X582j0.jpg

But not at all pleased how this showed up. The shipping box is un-damaged so it was put in the box like this at Jegs. I have sent this nd a few other pics with a not so Holiday happy e-mail. Nothing is harmed but damn it man.....
    ScrwZsf.jpg

This is getting close.
    Well, Closer.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I just got a knock on the door. Christmas for the Mouse.....:woot:

8X582j0.jpg

But not at all pleased how this showed up. The shipping box is un-damaged so it was put in the box like this at Jegs. I have sent this nd a few other pics with a not so Holiday happy e-mail. Nothing is harmed but damn it man.....
    ScrwZsf.jpg

This is getting close.
    Well, Closer.

I have gotten countless items from Jegs with beat up packaging like that. But luckily nothing has ever been damaged inside

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Saw on Dragzine today, Discovery has confirmed Street Outlaws Memphis will premier January 15.
    I like SO's but not sure I will be able to handle that much JJ. But I will watch it in part because I have some buddies that will be on the show. Maybe I need to give some more thought to the no prep scene

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom