NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They had a big deal about them here a long time ago. They told them not to use the horns. It makes to much noise.
    I have been building a deck for a couple weeks in Schererville. There are signs around a nearby intersection "Train does not blow horn.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have been building a deck for a couple weeks in Schererville. There are signs around a nearby intersection "Train does not blow horn.
    Honestly no need for a train to toot its horn at every intersection.

People should not be idiots.

Those who are idiots pay a price. Sometimes it hurts.

Can we all move along now and get back to talking about Raccoons and their rightful place in the war against Thugs north of US30?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sorry this isn't about train tracks, but one more modification before my trip to northern Michigan this weekend. I found this old microwave cart, and I noticed that when I laid it down, the depth was almost the same as the length of the 4x4's, so I flipped it on its back and added a couple of pieces of plywood to the bottom. Now it's a box that can hold the 4x4's (plus a couple of blankets or my bag of clothes) and it also will be some extra support for when I put the bed down. It doesn't stow away as well as the rubbermaid tote, but I think it's worth it.

1727956142840.png

1727956179453.png

1727956241134.png

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I can hear trains from four miles away at night. I'm not just talking about the horn either. I do not know how anyone lives near tracks in the country.
    Windows open we can hear them from a couple miles away. Strange my Aunt lives a few houses from the tracks and you never hear a train. They go past all the time. I guess what you get used to.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Windows open we can hear them from a couple miles away. Strange my Aunt lives a few houses from the tracks and you never hear a train. They go past all the time. I guess what you get used to.
    I do have to be outside to hear them. It just always amazes me that I can hear them going over the rails from that distance. It's not like it is just empty fields between us either.

Top Bottom