Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I feel your pain. I put over a grand in my truck with brakes and a new window modulator (yet to be installed) and my son came to me yesterday hat in hand. His 1996 Impala SS dropped a lower ball joint in traffic yesterday morning. The baby's were in the car and it was freaking scary. No body damage but it was on the roll back and waiting. Turns out it needs everything. I mean everything. B-joints/tie rod ends/center link/shocks. It is a damn good looking car. 116 on the clock and straight. Thing is it had those stupid ****ing 24" Hot wheels looking wheels on it when he bought it. They tear up front suspensions. He took them off when it started acting up but to late.
    They are struggling right now and that is their only car as the Honda crapped out on them. So dad to the rescue. I am waiting on my guy to call me as we dropped it at the shop 1st thing this morning. This is gonna hurt.
    If not for those baby's he would be riding his thumb right now.

Up-date..........
    Picked it up last night. $980 lighter in my hip pocket. Car is a spot on driver again. Needed "EVERYTHING"...Tie rod ends, center link, Pittman arm, B-joints (all) front shocks and wheel bearings. If you have a kid that wants to put those idiotic wheels on their car get them into Rehab right away.

I feel much better as my G-daughters are riding safe right now.
    This does set me back on my car.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Up-date..........
    Picked it up last night. $980 lighter in my hip pocket. Car is a spot on driver again. Needed "EVERYTHING"...Tie rod ends, center link, Pittman arm, B-joints (all) front shocks and wheel bearings. If you have a kid that wants to put those idiotic wheels on their car get them into Rehab right away.

:thumbsup:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Up-date..........

That doesn't sound all that bad for everything that was done. If you want to put a shout out for the business that did that for you (assuming they are open to the public), please post it. Might be useful in the future for some of us.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That doesn't sound all that bad for everything that was done. If you want to put a shout out for the business that did that for you (assuming they are open to the public), please post it. Might be useful in the future for some of us.

Marwood Tire. Kentucky Ave. and Maan Rd. behind the Burger King.

Good solid people.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Ditto what Rusty said, 400hp is nothing nowadays. With the advancement of cam technology they're doing a pretty good job of moving that fuel and air. Throw in modern lubricants etc and a mild 400 motor is fairly common.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ditto what Rusty said, 400hp is nothing nowadays. With the advancement of cam technology they're doing a pretty good job of moving that fuel and air. Throw in modern lubricants etc and a mild 400 motor is fairly common.
    Yeah the number used to be 500. Now if you’re less than 700, nobody even cares.... Funny how dyno numbers can be fudged though. :):

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah the number used to be 500. Now if you’re less than 700, nobody even cares.... Funny how dyno numbers can be fudged though. :):

I’m only slightly older than you, but I remember when 13’s was like the benchmark on quarter mile times, anything slower than that wasn’t worth talking about. Now that number is like low 12’s high 11’s. Bone stock base model Mustang GT’s with traction will do 11’s nowadays. Crazy world we live in.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’m only slightly older than you, but I remember when 13’s was like the benchmark on quarter mile times, anything slower than that wasn’t worth talking about. Now that number is like low 12’s high 11’s. Bone stock base model Mustang GT’s with traction will do 11’s nowadays. Crazy world we live in.
    And here we are going backwards. You’re building a carbed NA car, I’m building a nostalgia gasser...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom