• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    question of the day is wtf do I do with this thing out of the 73 vette. cost more to build than buy a crate - so it's really just taking up space in the garage.

350-1.JPG

350-2.JPG
    350-3.JPG
    If CM/CP don’t take this off your hands, I gladly would. I have a ‘57 Chevy that needs a traditional small block, lt1 in it has to go! Ain’t nobody got time for fuel injection!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The most fun part of building a Pontiac gasser? Coming up with a very non politically correct name for it! Rompin Redskin has been my favorite I’ve ever seen. Not a gasser, but...

2j28doi.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have heard those engines will spit plugs just because.
    Who ever came up with that design was a bit left of center. We changed out the plugs in the 5.4 in my Ford van before I gave it to the daughter. What a chore that was. I was told by a mechanic I trust to do the change out with the engine hot. We did. Broke nothing.

There was a day I would have rebuilt the Impala front end myself and let the shop line it up. Those days have come...............and gone.

Yeah, from what I had read I thought most of the issues were with the 5.4 but, apparently even on the 4.3 there are very few threads in the head for the plugs to grab, couple that with an aftermarket plug and I'm guessing not torqued to spec and you get issues. My shadetree who works out of his house is ok for some stuff, but on other stuff there is a reason to go to my other shop. The $$ are definitely different between the two. Hopefully they all stay put this time. From what I have seen on ebay there are folks out there who pretty much make a living fixing plug issues in the Ford Tritons. I changed the plugs on my FJ myself but when I did some reading on that Triton I wasn't messing with it... anyway, sorry to hijack the thread, back to checking out the hotrods :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom