The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    That's what the LP gets for playing with their dope smoking Johnson.... Weld. Yeesh....

I will probably wind up voting libertarian this time around, due to my issues with Trump and Hillary...

_IF_ the libertarians don't trip over (or step on) their Johnson....

LP guys - I _want_ to vote with you. Please don't screw it up...

Holy.Carp. I agree with mrj on this... and the world is still spinning... :D

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    It's not a matter of "rigid idealism". Weld is unqualified to be the LP VP candidate. He's a gun grabber and his stance on the issue, even today, should disqualify him. Just because Johnson would like him to be his running mate doesn't mean he'll get what he wants. Last time we had judge Jim Gray. An eminently libertarian candidate. Wish he'd have run again. Weld is nowhere near acceptable and would hurt Johnson with gun owners. Hell, I can't imagine what Johnson was thinking, recommending that turd for the position.

Yep...pretty much this. I voted for Mr Johnson in the last general election and have financially supported his campaign in that year as well as this year. This would be a deal breaker for me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's what the LP gets for playing with their dope smoking Johnson.... Weld. Yeesh....

I will probably wind up voting libertarian this time around, due to my issues with Trump and Hillary...

_IF_ the libertarians don't trip over (or step on) their Johnson....

LP guys - I _want_ to vote with you. Please don't screw it up...

Holy.Carp. I agree with mrj on this... and the world is still spinning... :D

Of the three being most mentioned, I'll only consider voting for the LP candidate if Petersen gets the nomination. McAfee is a loon and Johnson has demonstrated he's fine with his flavor of government controlling certain peoples' lives.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Anyone else cath Gary Johnson on the Adam Carolla Show?

Gary Johnson and Matt Atchity

He a got a few words in...but Carolla was on fire. It's pretty clear Carolla leans heavily Libertarian...but he's not what you would call philosophically pure. he is, however, quite pragmatic.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Uh oh, Bill Weld moderate on guns.

[video]https://youtu.be/xUyUh07SLNA[/video]

...in which all of the "on principle" #NeverTrump people's (especially, those who claim to be POTG) heads all explode. Go ahead: flirt with the Libertarians some more...

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Anyone else cath Gary Johnson on the Adam Carolla Show?

Gary Johnson and Matt Atchity

He a got a few words in...but Carolla was on fire. It's pretty clear Carolla leans heavily Libertarian...but he's not what you would call philosophically pure. he is, however, quite pragmatic.

Being pragmatic is Johnson's biggest draw, people gripe libertarians haven't tried their stuff, yet Johnson did it successfully in New Mexico for 8 years.

At the bottom of the page I didnt realize penns sunday school was part of the carolla family.

Johnson did a great job on that show.

[video=youtube_share;NUETegSwWc8]http://youtu.be/NUETegSwWc8[/video]

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Can "True" "Pure" "Perfect" "Pedigree" "Linage" Libertarians be Christians? :dunno:

Depends on the kind of Christian. I don't see why the two would be mutually exclusive. One of, I believe, Christianities better teachings is not to mix religion with politics. The live and let live libertarian philosophy would be more than accommodating.
    If the issue is abortion I think that's up for debate all around, it doesn't fit into a 'pure' libertarian philosophy one way or another.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I am a Christian and not a Libertarian. I don't see why a committed Christian can be a Libertarian and vice versa. It is not a Christian tenant that everything Christians believe have to be passed into law. In fact, I see no biblical support for that whatsoever. Libertarians can be on either side of the abortion issue depending on their belief about the nature of human life.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Depends on the kind of Christian. I don't see why the two would be mutually exclusive. One of, I believe, Christianities better teachings is not to mix religion with politics. The live and let live libertarian philosophy would be more than accommodating.
    If the issue is abortion I don't think that's up for debate all around, it doesn't fit into a 'pure' libertarian philosophy one way or another.

It's just that most libertarians I've met are full blown atheists and the very few that say they're Christians, say it under their breath like they're not suppose to believe in God or something.

Just wasn't sure if it was in the handbook or not.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's just that most libertarians I've met are full blown atheists and the very few that say they're Christians, say it under their breath like they're not suppose to believe in God or something.

Just wasn't sure if it was in the handbook or not.

I think there's an underlying logic to libertarian that atheist and agnostic are drawn towards.

Completely anecdotal and not to be extrapolated but as an example my mom's a true believer and she thinks the bible should be mandated in schools. Which in a way makes sense, if you truly believe the bible is the end all be all you could reasonably believe in an ends justifies the means approach which lends itself to legislating morality.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think there's an underlying logic to libertarian that atheist and agnostic are drawn towards.

Completely anecdotal and not to be extrapolated but as an example my mom's a true believer and she thinks the bible should be mandated in schools. Which in a way makes sense, if you truly believe the bible is the end all be all you could reasonably believe in an ends justifies the means approach which lends itself to legislating morality.

I would respectfully disagree with any Christian who employs an "end justified the means" philosophy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Can "True" "Pure" "Perfect" "Pedigree" "Linage" Libertarians be Christians? :dunno:

Sure. If you believe that the role of government is to be minimalized and that one if its limited roles is to protect the rights of the weak and the innocent, then sure--you can be a pro-life/antiabortion, Christian, libertarian.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom