The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Voting for this "Purist" you say, won't win elections.

....But it will jeopardize my gun ownership which I take offense to.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Voting for this "Purist" you say, won't win elections.

....But it will jeopardize my gun ownership which I take offense to.
    Like I said Johnson isn't a purist.

Republicans lost the election as soon as trump became the nominee. I don't trust trump anymore than Hilary on guns, his telling you what you want to hear lately is no promise he'll appoint a pro 2a justice.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Peterson is the pure libertarian, Johnson is of the more pragmatic libertarian strain.
    Libertarians might like what Peterson says but the first clip of him on CNN trying to explain what's wrong with the civil rights act and he's done. To be a viable party I believe libertarians will have to pick their battles and move towards the more pragmatic.

I need to find out more about Peterson then. I won't vote for Johnson. As Jamil said, he's [strike]crazy[/strike] got his priorities all messed up for me to even consider him.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not sure I've seen it laid out where his priorities are messed up, is it just abortion and gay rights

Partly. I don't even need him as president to do anything about them. But he thinks he does. He thinks it's ok to have people do work against their will. He's consumed with marijuana legalization and "marriage equality" -- two things the Feds shouldn't care less about. Then there's the illegal immigration -- but that's a party issue, I guess.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Peterson is the pure libertarian, Johnson is of the more pragmatic libertarian strain.
    Libertarians might like what Peterson says but the first clip of him on CNN trying to explain what's wrong with the civil rights act and he's done. To be a viable party I believe libertarians will have to pick their battles and move towards the more pragmatic.
    I'm not sure that I would characterize what Johnson is as pragmatic. And if you think the libertarian party needs to be more pragmatic in the same way you think Johnson is, I'll have nothing to do with that, thankyouverymuch.

But I do believe Libertarians need to pick their battles and go for what is achievable.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not sure that I would characterize what Johnson is as pragmatic. And if you think the libertarian party needs to be more pragmatic in the same way you think Johnson is, I'll have nothing to do with that, thankyouverymuch.

But I do believe Libertarians need to pick their battles and go for what is achievable.

Like the legalizing drugs thing. I get their point. They have strong arguments but they're not the arguments that draw in less than strict libertarian philisophical people. If they want to be a party of "purists", then they should maintain their current tact and soldier on. But if they want to bring in new people, people whose families may have been torn apart by someone with a drug problem let's say, they should consider a new avenue. One such way might be to focus not on intoxicating/addictive drugs but on those that are regulated and kept out of the reach of patients in pain or suffering chronic illnesses. Probably everybody's had a love one suffer and not be allowed to some experimental medication because it's not approved. That would be an avenue, I would think, that could turn many more people into legalize drugs people.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

What's the major issue you have with Johnson.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The key here is for Johnson (or whoever the nominee is) to take 5% of the vote. If we can do that, it guarantees ballot access, grants access to matching funds (which I understand is a controversial topic among Libertarians), and more importantly should shatter the hold the Republicans and Democrats have on the debates and generally controlling the election narrative.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The debate is on Youtube.

Yeah...Hopefully, I'll remember to look that up when I get near a good internet connection.

Based on what I see here, I could vote for Petersen. The comparison between him and Johnson is stark. The LP needs to toss him to the trash heap.
    [video=youtube;s346cSkmHpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s346cSkmHpc[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    After Trump was named presumptive nominee last night, Google search "Libertarian Party" skyrocketed

Cho8cEnUUAIk_mS.jpg:large

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Top Bottom