The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    No!
    Just like cigs and drinking. If you can get past the mental part you still have the physical withdrawals. Then it's all will power of the strongest.
    And then there's the guys that say they can just stop anything anytime they want to.....but they just don't want to.

There are a rare few that don't really get addicted much to anything.
    Not that I have first hand experience and have researched any of this. :):

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No!
    Just like cigs and drinking. If you can get past the mental part you still have the physical withdrawals. Then it's all will power of the strongest.
    And then there's the guys that say they can just stop anything anytime they want to.....but they just don't want to.

There are a rare few that don't really get addicted much to anything.
    Not that I have first hand experience and have researched any of this. :):

Are there any actial numbers on this? I'd be curious what percentage of the population has that easily addicted gene.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Are there any actial numbers on this? I'd be curious what percentage of the population has that easily addicted gene.

I don't have numbers.
    Haven't been into it since the mid 90s. Most Doctors and clinic/addict centers claim they've never heard of anyone that is immune. The rare few was only here say from people out there. Problem with gathering numbers is that someone that doesn't get addicted won't be in need of a doctor or a clinic.

I've only met one other than myself. So I'd say the percentage of people that get addicted is extremely high. (no pun) It's what humans do.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    As I grew up, I just grew out of it. Same with drinking alcohol. I enjoy sober consciousness more than being drunk or stoned. Apparently Johnson didn't have the same experience.

They aren't mutually exclusive, you can relaxed with a beer or a brownie on a Friday night and still enjoy sober conciousness the rest of the time.

That said the president is in s unique position to require sober-ness 24-7.

Edit: of course I'm only 25 so I can't speak to growing up ha

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Edit: of course I'm only 25 so I can't speak to growing up ha

If I had a dime for every time I have read one of your posts and said, "Lord...Jludo sounds like me at 25" I would have about .40 cents...That's just weird..

So here is my advice to my 25 year old self from my double that age self...

Floss more...Put down the cigs while you still can...Love and live hard...Never buy a new vehicle...Try to avoid buying things you can't at least get 80% of your money back if you have to sell...Look into the scientific and historical evidence of all religions and don't be too dismissive of those that believe...It took me years to even get to Christopher Hitchens point (near the end of his life) where he admitted "Well...There could be some sort of world spirit I suppose..." Be open minded to everything and love every day as if it is your last...

If you ever make it south please feel free to stop by...I would love to meet you....

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You can Google near every question someone has on here, doesn't make for the most robust discussion though does it?

Well I could just answer the question for you, but then you'd likely ask for citations. Just streamlining the process

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The tendency toward alcoholism (and the aberrant alcohol metabolism that goes with it) is slightly more than 30% heritable

Top Bottom