code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    DkKp5cPU8AAEj0G.jpg:small

DkKp6d_U4AERYSj.jpg:small

Yah! And where's the representation for the diabetic man with one foot. Oh. You think the 3d from the left cuts it for fat representation? Where's the morbidly obese 7 foot sumo wrestler? Hmm? Where's the uber-skinny Ethiopian long-distance runner? And I don't see no Messicans. ****ing diversity my ass.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    Remember kids, you can hit seven people on the head with a u-lock and only get 3 years probation, if you are on the right side of history™.

Does that really surprise you? Remember the Weather Underground, back in the 70's? More than a decade of setting bombs and living as fugitives on the top of the FBIs most wanted list, and when they finally do get caught, they get a slap on the wrist. Most of them went on to positions of power and prestige as lawyers and academics, despite their being literal domestic terrorists.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Somewhat busy weekend, so excuse the lack of content here... so I'll drop this tangentially-related one.

"Ninja" is the #1 Twitch streamer.

He said something about not streaming with women.

He was dragged for it.

Truth is: He's married, and it's his choice of who he wants to stream with.

This is reminiscent of the whole Mike Pence not doing solo meetings with women fake outrage.

(Don't laugh. This guy makes half-a-million per month playing video games.)

DkYMFGAUcAE_ZBm.jpg:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The New York Times apparently edited the stolen Seattle plane audio to remove the quip about affirmative action.

NYT Article: Richard Russell, Who Stole Plane Near Seattle, Raises Troubling Security Questions - The New York Times

NYT Audio: Archive: https://instaud.io/2xZ6 | Direct link: https://static.nytimes.com/podcasts...ne-crash/Seattle-plan-selected-highlights.mp3 (skip to 3:43)

Original audio clip: Youtube: https://youtu.be/9ztKWdTeD7w?t=1m42s

The original audio transcript:

>Richard Russell: "Hey do you think if I land this successfully, uh Alaska give me a job as a pilot?"
    >Tower: "Uh you know I think they would give you a job doing anything if you can pull this off."
    >Richard Russell: "Yeeaah right! (pause) **Nah I'm a white guy. They--** (cuts off)"

The NYT audio compilation conveniently cuts the final line "Nah, I'm a white guy" and goes to the next audio clip. For an 8 minute clip, I'm sure there must be a perfectly good reason to edit a 3 second line. They even name the audio clip "Seattle-plan-selected-highlights" but make no mention of it being the highlights or being edited.

And bonus: The Mercury News video: https://youtu.be/jEpxK9rGAL8 that hit /r/Videos omitted the entire portion of dialogue.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is there a link someone is aware of that tells the whole stolen plane story in a nutshell? I totally missed out on that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ok wil.

dogwhistle that antifa crowd.

DkhtxCBU4AAg-Ud.jpg:small

Gee, look at your display name. Pot, meet kettle.

Oh, and I'm not a huge sci fi geek, but I do belong to the The Society to Turn Wesley Crusher Into a Small Styrofoam Dodecahedron. He would be less obnoxious that way.

Oh,

Shut up, Wesley. (never been more relevant than since he changed his twitter name)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom