Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    TC Electronic Pulls Controversial Preset from TonePrint After Outcry

KIA said:
    TC Electronic is a music gear manufacturer known for having a sense of humor. They frequently have guitarists come in to create "toneprints" (downloadable presets) for their guitar pedals. They allow the players to choose any name they like for their preset. Satchel is a member of Steel Panther, a band that parodies 80's hair metal style sex, drugs, and rock and roll. They have many female fans and anyone with two brain cells to rub together understands that it's parody. Probably the most beloved female journalist in the guitar scene Rebecca Dirks even dressed up as him at one point. However, on Instagram another female guitarist took offense to the toneprint name "***** Melter" and wrote a long post about how her day was ruined by sexism. A major gear trading website called Reverb picked up the story and is now pushing the narrative that sexist bros are keeping women out of music. TC Electronic has removed the toneprint from their website.

If you don't like something, just stay out of it. Go away, shut up, be quiet, don't look at it. You don't have to complain to anyone that will listen and get things ruined for everyone else.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dh6ZnR7U0AAg5HI.jpg:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Daniella Greenbaum (columnist, writer, etc) has resigned from Business Insider after they took down her piece on the Scarlett Johansson/Trans acting situation.

Dh6GF3LXkAAc1_6.jpg:large

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Daniella Greenbaum (columnist, writer, etc) has resigned from Business Insider after they took down her piece on the Scarlett Johansson/Trans acting situation.

Dh6GF3LXkAAc1_6.jpg:large

Well, nowadays she couldn't have gotten away with even one deviance from groupthink.
    But all that?? Really would be attacked for all those "violations".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The cool black guy with a limp in the crocodile Dundee movies didbt look like that, so I guess the 80's didnt just belong to white people lol.
    When people started crying racist and **** I just look at them like a bunch of dumb mon.... oh wait I cant use that word to describe a black person or I'm a racist, even though i use it to describe white people too. So when people start throwing the racist word around I just look at them like a clown.

Generally, I just stare at people as if they're a clown.
    It saves trouble.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom