• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check those out. Adam should make a movie about gay cowboys eating pudding and see if Sundance rejects it.

It's fascinating to look at the trajectories of Adam and his once upon a time puerile partner Jimmy Kimmel.

I have respect for Adam. I always liked listening to him and Dr. Drew on Loveline years ago.

I listen to his podcast every day. He does the Adam Carolla Show (around 2 hours) and there is also 1/2 hour podcast he does with Dr. Drew.

Adam is somewhere around a classic liberal, libertarian, pragmatist type- decidedly not liberal of leftist. He is still good friends with Jimmy Kimmel, but I get the disctinct impression that they do not discuss politics when they are together.

Adam has another documentary that is almost ready for release: "Uppity: The Willy T. Ribbs Story"

https://chassy.com/product/uppity-the-willy-t-ribbs-story/
    Willy T. Ribbs was the Jackie Robinson of auto racing. Despite being a Formula Ford champion in England, Willy T. had another race to win when he returned to America—the race against bigotry. Many owners, mechanics, sponsors, and drivers in the racing world derisively referred to Willy as “Uppity” behind his back; death-threats, unwarranted suspensions, and engine sabotage followed him throughout his journey in racing. Despite the setbacks, he was an amazing driver and he became one of the winningest drivers in the history of the Trans Am series. The establishment did everything in their power to keep this great driver down, based on his defiant attitude and antics. Through sheer determination, Willy shattered the color barrier in professional racing, becoming the first Black man to race in the Indy 500.

No festivals for this one either.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of "Classic Liberal"... since that term has come up a lot in this thread...

Dave Rubin just covered that today:

[video=youtube;Bsba-dNApvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsba-dNApvw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Speaking of "Classic Liberal"... since that term has come up a lot in this thread...

Dave Rubin just covered that today:

If you'd have told me when I first joined INGO one of the best interviewers and people I respected would be a pro choice, former Young Turk, married gay dude I'd have told you that you were crazy.....

Somebody pointed out he shouldn't think that way because he's gay...He's response???

"Well yeah but I'm only gay after 10 pm...":laugh::laugh::laugh:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Every day we stray further and further from God's light.

k9JxJFP.jpg

Man you can almost HEAR the pedophilic wood sprouting!:nuts:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I listen to his podcast every day. He does the Adam Carolla Show (around 2 hours) and there is also 1/2 hour podcast he does with Dr. Drew.

Adam is somewhere around a classic liberal, libertarian, pragmatist type- decidedly not liberal of leftist. He is still good friends with Jimmy Kimmel, but I get the disctinct impression that they do not discuss politics when they are together.

Adam has another documentary that is almost ready for release: "Uppity: The Willy T. Ribbs Story"

https://chassy.com/product/uppity-the-willy-t-ribbs-story/

No festivals for this one either.

Little trivia concerning Willy T; I have one of the "Ford Motorsport" signs from his transporter back when he was racing Capris for Roush.:rockwoot:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Guess it's not working too well for her...if we're going to rely on this informal metric.

View attachment 68364

NetFlix has been telling me I need to watch this... nope.

EDIT: That's one whiney voice she has... I'm not easily offended, but after watching that... three minutes of that callous, liberal drivel and I was fully offended.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Bookstore Owner Calls Police On Woman Accosting Steve Bannon

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bookstore-owner-calls-police-woman-090022158.html

Then this clown tries to jack with the bookstore, it didn't work out like he planned.

Philippe Reines, once a top aide to Hillary Clinton, was criticized for tweeting out the book shop’s address, which was viewed as an implicit call to boycott or attack it.

https://twitter.com/PhilippeReines/status/1016005652341252097/photo/1

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

The best part was in one of his "rebuttal" messages when he called what the bookstore owner did SWATting. He either doesn't know what it means, or he intentionally misused it to liken it to what was an appropriate response to actual behavior of a person in a business. Methinks the latter is more likely. Douche.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Little trivia concerning Willy T; I have one of the "Ford Motorsport" signs from his transporter back when he was racing Capris for Roush.:rockwoot:

Remember before NASCAR got some bona fide road course threats in driver's seats? The ringers used to come from Trans Am. I was a big Boris Said fan

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    Petro-masculinity: Fossil Fuels and Authoritarian Desire
    As the planet warms, new authoritarian movements in the West are embracing a toxic combination of climate denial, racism and misogyny. Rather than consider these resentments separately, this article interrogates their relationship through the concept of petro-masculinity, which appreciates the historic role of fossil fuel systems in buttressing white patriarchal rule. Petro-masculinity is helpful to understanding how the anxieties aroused by the Anthropocene can augment desires for authoritarianism. The concept of petro-masculinity suggests that fossil fuels mean more than profit; fossil fuels also contribute to making identities, which poses risks for post-carbon energy politics. Moreover, through a psycho-political reading of authoritarianism, I show how fossil fuel use can function as a violent compensatory practice in reaction to gender and climate trouble.

We don't have the full article because of journal paywalls, but the abstract is enough to illustrate the crazy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

We don't have the full article because of journal paywalls, but the abstract is enough to illustrate the crazy.

Hmmm... maybe because the man-made global warming hoax is losing traction, they're doubling down asserting that fossil fuels are racist/sexist/misogynist/authoritarian/all the other bad -ists of the day. Given that they have had so much success with that nonsense, if at least short term, it makes sense to keep going to the same well as long as it's producing water.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

As the planet warms, new authoritarian movements in the West are embracing a toxic combination of climate denial, racism and misogyny. Rather than consider these resentments separately, this article interrogates their relationship through the concept of petro-masculinity, which appreciates the historic role of fossil fuel systems in buttressing white patriarchal rule. Petro-masculinity is helpful to understanding how the anxieties aroused by the Anthropocene can augment desires for authoritarianism. The concept of petro-masculinity suggests that fossil fuels mean more than profit; fossil fuels also contribute to making identities, which poses risks for post-carbon energy politics. Moreover, through a psycho-political reading of authoritarianism, I show how fossil fuel use can function as a violent compensatory practice in reaction to gender and climate trouble.

"Psycho-political" sounds like a pretty good description of such nonsense.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh hey, it's this story again. Same ****, different company.

So, again... he isn't calling anyone the word. He's using it in a conversation about PR and handling PR.

Papa John’s founder accused of using racial slur in conference call

Forbes reported that Schnatter used the slur after being asked how he would distance himself from racist groups, and tried to play down the impact of his statement on the anthem protests.
    “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter reportedly said on the call, adding the Sanders didn’t face outcry for his statements.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom