Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Seems like "I make poor decisions, give me free stuff" is sort of a theme.

Has to be fake though... the "that's racist" line out of nowhere...

rr43wtntpen11.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What's the pictogram for mental disorder?

For a few years, obesity actually was on the list of "official" disabilities. That is no longer the case.

When I flew, I always bought two seats, long before it was required. The flip side of fat people inconveniencing non-fat people is that invariably, the person next to me would try to use some of the space in my second seat for which I PAID. No way, Jose.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    For a few years, obesity actually was on the list of "official" disabilities. That is no longer the case.

When I flew, I always bought two seats, long before it was required. The flip side of fat people inconveniencing non-fat people is that invariably, the person next to me would try to use some of the space in my second seat for which I PAID. No way, Jose.

If it would have just been "Joe" you probably would have been ok with it...

Am I doing the SJW thing right?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No one likes to work with jerks. That’s the purpose for such guidelines. Just say that. And, no need for you to post the link. I’ve read it a few times since it was released. It’s going to end up making it more of a toxic environment for sane people.

One other thing. Was there really a problem needing solved? As far as I know, the only jerk I’ve really encountered in the open source world was the lead developer for a well known open source browser. Not sure if it’s still the same guy but that dude’s an *******.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How many do you have to check in the right side column to be more marginalized/oppressed than privileged?

Is there some kind of weighting system wherein some categories trump others?

I'm concerned because I only get two check marks from the right side column and I fear that I may, in fact, be privileged. That will hinder my ability to continue claiming victim status.

This should help. They do a pretty good job of explaining the point system towards the end. ;)

[video=youtube;iKcWu0tsiZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0tsiZM[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Imagine the graduation rate if they just hand out diplomas, and didn't have ANY classes.
    They could even save money by getting rid of all there professors.

I have actually heard this chancellor interviewed on this topic and he actually made some very good points.

For instance, I majored in English writing. Why was I required to take Algebra? I never use it in my job or day-to-day life.

He isn't claiming algebra is racist, or that it should be eliminated and replaced with transgender basket weaving. The argument is, why should stundents be required to take a class they don't need and won't use, especially if it is going to drag down their GPA or worse, prevent them from graduating?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have actually heard this chancellor interviewed on this topic and he actually made some very good points.

For instance, I majored in English writing. Why was I required to take Algebra? I never use it in my job or day-to-day life.

He isn't claiming algebra is racist, or that it should be eliminated and replaced with transgender basket weaving. The argument is, why should stundents be required to take a class they don't need and won't use, especially if it is going to drag down their GPA or worse, prevent them from graduating?

And why should I be required to take English for my electronic degree?
    Cause that what's been determined for that degree.
    And if it's not "racist" then how are they claiming it to be a "civil rights issue"?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom