Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ****ing open source isn't even safe from these ideologues. I'm a little surprised that the once libertarian-esque coding community has devolved to accept this kind of nonsense.

So, after reading the revised Code of Conduct, I really don't see the problem

Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:

• The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
    • Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
    • Public or private harassment
    • Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
    • Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
    That sort of stuff would get me fired, so why can't an OS project apply that standard to contributors.

Furthermore, if the scope is truly limited as stated:
    This Code of Conduct applies both within project spaces and in public spaces when an individual is representing the project or its community. Examples of representing a project or community include using an official project e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event. Representation of a project may be further defined and clarified by project maintainers.
    Then that same level of scrutiny would apply to me. If I use a corporate account, or go to a trade show, I better behave.

Someone please explain what I'm missing. It's pretty obvious that Mr. Ehmke is off the deep end, but if we restrain ourselves to what the document actually says, and to to the author, I don't see a problem.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sesame Street twitter issued this statement

https://twitter.com/SesameWorkshop/status/1042117602678587395

DnZYMV8X0AAR3Cy.jpg:large

50Fln96.jpg

iKXsm0m.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Cornell tells students if they are 'privileged' or 'oppressed'

A Cornell University student says student ambassadors were given an "orientation packet" that told them if they were "privileged" or "oppressed."

The packet categorized groups of people based on age, race, gender, gender identity, religion, and education level, to name a few.

Cornell_Freshman_Orientation_Handbook1.jpg

So they're categorizing people to determine how they should be categorized. They can't make up their minds whether they want everyone to be treated equally or pigeonholed. I guess pigeonholing is okay if you have the good fortune to be placed in the "oppressed" hole and afforded bonus points for it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

A Cornell University student says student ambassadors were given an "orientation packet" that told them if they were "privileged" or "oppressed."

The packet categorized groups of people based on age, race, gender, gender identity, religion, and education level, to name a few.

Maybe they're just preparing for the seating assignments in the cafeteria.
    You know- "Mean Girls" style.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Lol heck yeah!! I am literally in every single one of the “priviledged” groups. I’m a freakin winner!!! Why do I even bother getting up every day and working hard? Apparently I am given everything.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I miss my Star Tac. That think was da bomb.

Yes! I loved my Startac! Back in the Roaring 90's, when service providers were tripping over themselves to upgrade their wireless networks to 2G, we as a company (AT&T Cellular Systems then), and we engineers were making money faster than we could spend it. Never mind being home only a few days a month, I was earning Marriott Lifetime Platinum and United Premier Gold status.

Having Ameritech Cellular Services as my customer did guaranty that I always had the latest and greatest phones, which shrunk and them grew as the years went by. Cameramonkey is right; we went from a bag phone to our 1st "portable" phone, down to the Microtac to the Startac and then on up to the big screen, sexist "phones" we have today.
    06fe35871b31b4e33cbd0c8b7f23b9d2.jpg
    0f2e2d4bb161278938cf67c9e681d4ee.jpg
    af546850a88e3a961768be3539a9954f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Awesome! I have 3 "ins"

I am not Catholic or Protestant

I am fairly short (with freakish ape arms that can still reach the top shelf....)

Under ethnicity I can make a good case for Etc. given the categories above. (Because I am sure that by "Russian" they mean slav but are too ignorant to know there many types of "Russians", like, Poles, Ukranians or Serbs....)

So, it's antiWestern Europe. Makes sense, that's where NAZIS come from....

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Lol heck yeah!! I am literally in every single one of the “priviledged” groups. I’m a freakin winner!!! Why do I even bother getting up every day and working hard? Apparently I am given everything.

I am F’in priileged too!. That’s it. No more work for me. I’m going to sit home and wait for the checks to come rolling in.

{See the famous Eddie Murphy sketch “White Like Me” to see what the jealous SJW class think it’s like}

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am F’in priileged too!. That’s it. No more work for me. I’m going to sit home and wait for the checks to come rolling in.

{See the famous Eddie Murphy sketch “White Like Me” to see what the jealous SJW class think it’s like}

No no no. You have it all wrong. As a member of the privileged class you MUST continue to work so that your money can be taken and shared among the oppressed.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Great skit. My favorite part is "Take it. Go on, there's no one else around" and the bank saying "pay us back when you can, or don't"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom