The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 15th Edition: Be more like Coleman.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I had an FM modulator that plugged into the radio antenna inline. It worked pretty good.
    That's probably older than a tape adapter.

My first car, '63 Dodge Custom 880, had an AM/FM tube radio, but the FM was not good.
    Even by '72 when I bought it, we had plenty of FM.
    That early Dodge effort just did not sound good.

I didn't know enough back then to think of switching out tubes.

Pic for the thread. NOT my car, but just like mine, except for the fancy shoes and the white top. Mine was all red. 383, 4 barrel from the factory.
    The 4dr versions had a 383 2bbl, as a tip of the hat to the family man.
    1963-dodge-custom-880.jpg

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had that and also had a radio station transmitter that the car radio picked up to play music from an iPod. Later I had one that connected Bluetooth to the phone…
    BULLSH*T!!
    :):

I had the transmitter thingy, too. It flipping worked!
    You guys had iPods? Are you like, from the future or something?? I had an FM converter that ran through my tube radio (1960 Olds '98).

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's probably older than a tape adapter.

My first car, '63 Dodge Custom 880, had an AM/FM tube radio, but the FM was not good.
    Even by '72 when I bought it, we had plenty of FM.
    That early Dodge effort just did not sound good.

I didn't know enough back then to think of switching out tubes.

Pic for the thread. NOT my car, but just like mine, except for the fancy shoes and the white top. Mine was all red. 383, 4 barrel from the factory.View attachment 353132
    Nice car! But I installed mine some time in the early 2000s after i got my first iPod, so it wasn't that old.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You guys had iPods? Are you like, from the future or something?? I had an FM converter that ran through my tube radio (1960 Olds '98).
    Had one of those too. I did skip the 8 track because cassette came out by the time I could afford tapes. I remember my Audiovox stereo was a b**** to wire up because the old GM cars had a single wire to the speaker and I think were grounded to the body.

I started with a 64 C100 fleetside…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Had one of those too. I did skip the 8 track because cassette came out by the time I could afford tapes. I remember my Audiovox stereo was a b**** to wire up because the old GM cars had a single wire to the speaker and I think were grounded to the body.

I started with a 64 C100 fleetside…
    I loved my old Oldsmobile. The radio had the "Wonder Bar" feature. It would scan to the next available station and you could set the level of sensitivity. The cool part though, was it also had a switch on the floor next to the dimmer switch. I used to freak people out when I would just point my finger at the radio and the dial would turn and advance to the next station. They'd be waving their hands in front of it, doing everything they could to try and get it to do that. They never thought to look down at my foot. :lmfao:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Nice car! But I installed mine some time in the early 2000s after i got my first iPod, so it wasn't that old.
    Right.
    By the time I got my first ipod, I had just had to replace my Intrepid with a minivan, because I needed the extra cargo space for work.

Both cars were great and they both had CD players, but, you know "A Thousand Songs" from an Apple ad sold me on getting an ipod and figuring a way to hook it in.
    :):

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    In high school all we had was cassette tapes. There were no adapters. You played your mix tape and you liked it!!

Then in college, I got a portable cd player with a cassette adapter. Went to Radio Shack and bought a 50 watt amplifier to power the factory 6X9 speakers in my 88 Olds Cutlass Cierra. The guys at the junk yard knew me by name since I made a trip there monthly for a new pair of 6x9’s. It got even better when I upgraded to a cd player with the BASS BOOST button.

In my 20’s I found out that I could check out cd’s from the local library. I would spend HOURS copying the cd onto my computer, then burn the cd for myself. Had the whole 3 ring binder full of cd’s in my car.

Finally, in my late 20’s, I joined the digital age with the purchase of a Palm Pilot. That sucker had a SD card slot and I could load like 100 songs on it to listen on the go.

Those were the days.

IMG_1503.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom