Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, no one having a car really cuts down on wear and tear. Not to mention there is very little food to put on large trucks to be taken to the empty grocery stores.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, no one having a car really cuts down on wear and tear. Not to mention there is very little food to put on large trucks to be taken to the empty grocery stores.

I would have replied, "do you have road side assistance for all the mule drawn carts that get stuck in the mud?"

The CIA estimates that NK has 25,554 km of roads. As of 2006 only 724 km are paved.

Indiana has more than 125,000 KM of roads. I'm sure many of those are paved but it kinda doesn't matter to make the point. Undoubtedly Indiana has a higher paved to unpaved ratio than NK. And I'm sure, even with our Amish population, we have far fewer people getting mule drawn carts stuck on crappy dirt roads than Norks.

So maybe a lot of those 724km of paved roads are nicer than a lot of Indiana's paved roads. We have a hell of a lot more roads to maintain, and a hell of a lot more cars and trucks traveling them each day than NK does. And speaking of trucks, they're carrying the crap ton of goods for consumers and businesses because capitalism has created a far higher standard of living. Not just special people have cars in Indiana. Poor people have them too. And you might find one of them broken down on the side of the road. At least they're not driving mule drawn carts.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I would have replied, "do you have road side assistance for all the mule drawn carts that get stuck in the mud?"

The CIA estimates that NK has 25,554 km of roads. As of 2006 only 724 km are paved.

Indiana has more than 125,000 KM of roads. I'm sure many of those are paved but it kinda doesn't matter to make the point. Undoubtedly Indiana has a higher paved to unpaved ratio than NK. And I'm sure, even with our Amish population, we have far fewer people getting mule drawn carts stuck on crappy dirt roads than Norks.

So maybe a lot of those 724km of paved roads are nicer than a lot of Indiana's paved roads. We have a hell of a lot more roads to maintain, and a hell of a lot more cars and trucks traveling them each day than NK does. And speaking of trucks, they're carrying the crap ton of goods for consumers and businesses because capitalism has created a far higher standard of living. Not just special people have cars in Indiana. Poor people have them too. And you might find one of them broken down on the side of the road. At least they're not driving mule drawn carts.

There's also less eating of other people alongside our roads.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    DVu0K3vUQAEYHon.jpg:large

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom