The DOJ took Cody Wilson's "DEFCAD" 3D-print gun site down. Cody sued, and won.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    sounds a lot like the current supreme nomination.
    try any tactic to smear them.

If you read the article at the link, I think they have a bit more on him than just a smear. Unlike Ford, this is a contemporaneous complaint with actual evidence.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The affidavit is very detailed and claims police have reviewed pictures and videos that corroborate the claim of the underage girl. It doesn't indicate force was involved. The sexual assault charge is due to the girl being under 17 years old. Wilson is 30.

Website requires members to be 18. If proven she lied on the website, I’d expect hat charge to be dropped. Possible solicitation charge moving forward.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Age of consent is 17 in Texas. If he had other reason to believe she was not of age (like some of the texts they exchange), then I would guess he still has trouble. ETA: the article says he was charged with 2nd degree felony. That indicates she was at least 14. Under 14 is first degree felony.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    In many states the fact one person lied about their age is irrelevant. Ridiculous

if I meet someone and they say let’s go to my house and grab a beer, and I get in their car and they drive me to a house where we walk in and grab a beer, should I be hit for theft and trespassing if it turns out to not be their house?

Domestic, import or craft?

:laugh:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    staying on topic if this is indeed true.... why? :facepalm: why go for a younger girl? older females are WAY WAY better to date/have relationship with.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    if I meet someone and they say let’s go to my house and grab a beer, and I get in their car and they drive me to a house where we walk in and grab a beer, should I be hit for theft and trespassing if it turns out to not be their house?

If you are found in a house without the owner's permission drinking the home owner's beer, I don't think it would be unreasonable for you to be arrested when the homeowner walks in (provided you survive the encounter). Proving that you didn't know your buddy didn't own the house would be your problem.

Likewise, it appears Cody was found to have had sex with a girl between the ages of 14 and 16, inclusive (and he wasn't even arrested). I expect it is going to be up to him to show he didn't know she was under 17.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    [FONT=&quot]Assuming the evidence described in the article exists, he’s toast and rightfully so. Just because a guy does something you like doesn’t make him a good guy.[/FONT]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    People are going to start doubting the truth of my posts, but believe it or not, I went to high school with this kid’s dad. His uncle was in my class and a friend of mine.

Anyhoo, in my view whether the minor lied or not should affect the charge and the sentence, but should not be a complete defense.

Is not "mistake of fact" one of the oldest complete defenses in our system of law, one of those common law "rights of Englishmen" enshrined in our Due Process clauses?

If one wishes to criminalize fornication, that is one thing. Backdoor criminalization of some fornication based on fraud by the victim is inherently contradictory to due process IMO.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Backdoor ... fornication

brows.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Is not "mistake of fact" one of the oldest complete defenses in our system of law, one of those common law "rights of Englishmen" enshrined in our Due Process clauses?

If one wishes to criminalize fornication, that is one thing. Backdoor criminalization of some fornication based on fraud by the victim is inherently contradictory to due process IMO.

Strict liability puts the onous to know what and who you are doing on the adult. I’m fine with that.

I understand that people will differ on this.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    staying on topic if this is indeed true.... why? :facepalm: why go for a younger girl? older females are WAY WAY better to date/have relationship with.

Ask Subway Jared. We are all into what we're into. I don't think there's anyway to change it. That's why I favor the death penalty for pedophiles. I don't think they could change if they wanted to.:dunno:

Top Bottom