• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes. I found it kinda boring. Rand isn’t a particularly good fiction writer. I’ve heard people say that fountainhead is actually better written but I have not read it. I like her nonfiction works better. In nonfiction I’ve read The Virtue of Selfishness, and Capitalism. The fundamental problem with Rand is she has, what seems to me, an ideologically derived view of human nature.

About rationalism, it’s probably better than just running instinctive algorithms. But instinct may be better in some cases where we don’t have a complete knowledge and understanding of the facts. So maybe on some things we’re full of **** and don’t really know it. Maybe leaving it to instinct in those cases where we’re full of **** could produce a better result.

Her short story work is better.

In novels, I find her writing to be labored. As if she were getting paid by the word. Going through the motions. Uninspired. Her ideas were/are great. But they are sometimes difficult to distill.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Her short story work is better.

In novels, I find her writing to be labored. As if she were getting paid by the word. Going through the motions. Uninspired. Her ideas were/are great. But they are sometimes difficult to distill.
    So you're saying get the Cliff Notes for the books? :):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    . However, failure to live up to one's standards is not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is holding others to standards I don't actually hold myself. So there's a subtle difference there. .

That is truly the definition of hypocrisy, I have complained for years the Dems and their media accomplices accuse conservatives of hypocrisy when they fail to live up to conservative values, but since Dems do not have values they can get by with murder and are excused.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Unless she's got some sort of deranged sugar daddy, I'm betting on her being an early dropout.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wow... if she is being quoted accurately, she's really going to need to brush up on her speaking skills. That was painful to read. :n00b:

Well, she got where she is by using her mouth. Talking coherently was not part of the requirement.

Sounded something like this....

[video=youtube;q_BU5hR9gXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_BU5hR9gXE[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kamala Harris Assures People She Will Prosecute Trump If She Becomes President

F... For what?

I remember when the very hypothesis of prosecuting political opponents meant we were living in a authoritarian banana republic.
    She’s down the list in polling. I think she’s figured out her intersectional oppression multiplier isn’t enough.

The primary-winning strategy to win the primary is to have the highest sum of (perceived oppression * numberOfIntersections) + (TDS * intensity) + bat****Crazy.

The “oppression” doesn’t appear to be all that high for Harris, so her intersections aren’t really helping her. Her only hope to hit primary season near the too is to ramp up the TDS multiplier and try to gain AOC levels of bat**** crazy.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    SDNY is charging Michael Avenatti for "attempting to extract more than $20M in payments from a publicly traded company by threatening to use his ability to garner publicity to inflict substantial financial & reputational harm on the company if his demands were not met."

I don't think he's running anymore.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    SDNY is charging Michael Avenatti for "attempting to extract more than $20M in payments from a publicly traded company by threatening to use his ability to garner publicity to inflict substantial financial & reputational harm on the company if his demands were not met."

I don't think he's running anymore.
    This isn’t surprising to me in the least.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The irony is that Avenatti has been charged with a case in SDNY while they are still looking to see if they can pin anything on Trump.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Historical re-enactment of joke-telling.

I'm the pitcher.

T.Lex is the batter.

d60647fd031cfd00324f55d8a9b1d9f9.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    She’s down the list in polling. I think she’s figured out her intersectional oppression multiplier isn’t enough.

The primary-winning strategy to win the primary is to have the highest sum of (perceived oppression * numberOfIntersections) + (TDS * intensity) + bat****Crazy.

The “oppression” doesn’t appear to be all that high for Harris, so her intersections aren’t really helping her. Her only hope to hit primary season near the too is to ramp up the TDS multiplier and try to gain AOC levels of bat**** crazy.

So you're saying there is no way she can get a leg up; by, you know, getting her legs up?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Democrat Wayne Messam, the mayor of Miramar, FL, announces this morning that he’s running for President.

Also apparently Biden stepped in it last night, something about "rule of thumb" or some verboten phrase

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom