Not open for further replies.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    You are forgetting who is tanned, rested and waiting in the wings to be drafted...

giphy.gif
    This would be a real ****show if she did. Might even be entertaining.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As I understand it, if you voted a majority for party X in the previous year election, you should be choosing to vote in party X's primary, not party Y's.

"Should" is not "Must". People change party affiliation all the time. Look at all the talk of moderate democrats crossing over and voting for Trump if Bernie were to get the dem nomination.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Should" is not "Must". People change party affiliation all the time. Look at all the talk of moderate democrats crossing over and voting for Trump if Bernie were to get the dem nomination.

Right, this is where intent kinda matters. If you are crossing over because the person you are voting for you legitimately want to hold the office they are seeking, no problem. If you are doing it with the intent of subverting the opposing party to help another, opposing party, candidate, well that person in my opinion doesn't really hold American values, and are certainly one of the reasons our nation has devolved into the "me first, everyone gets a trophy, Operation Varisty Blues" era.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Right, this is where intent kinda matters. If you are crossing over because the person you are voting for you legitimately want to hold the office they are seeking, no problem. If you are doing it with the intent of subverting the opposing party to help another, opposing party, candidate, well that person in my opinion doesn't really hold American values, and are certainly one of the reasons our nation has devolved into the "me first, everyone gets a trophy, Operation Varisty Blues" era.

I get that, but this is the post I originally was replying to from Jetta. He seemed to indicate that it was specifically against the rules:

AFAIK, cross-over primary voting, aka "raiding", is specifically called out and not within those rules in Indiana.

I'm not saying it's not "dirty trick" politics, but it's not "against the rules".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I get that, but this is the post I originally was replying to from Jetta. He seemed to indicate that it was specifically against the rules:

I'm not saying it's not "dirty trick" politics, but it's not "against the rules".

Yes, not in Indiana, but in some states it is actually illegal (i.e. Alabama)

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Intent counts now? What happened to something doesn't count unless it is "proven" in a court of law. Convenience rules.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Intent counts now? What happened to something doesn't count unless it is "proven" in a court of law. Convenience rules.

How would you feel if there was a massive, nationwide effort to primary someone against Trump? Some milquetoast nobody that the Democrats crossed over to make the nominee instead of Trump?

Still not a big deal?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I don't even know what you're talking about, but I'll see how you're going to fit a square peg in a round hole, and call it a perfect fit.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How would you feel if there was a massive, nationwide effort to primary someone against Trump? Some milquetoast nobody that the Democrats crossed over to make the nominee instead of Trump?

Still not a big deal?

Exactly, what if dems decided to anoint a candidate and campaign to have their voters vote for a RINO in the republican primary so the general election had a great choice for dems and an ok choice for them as well, but not the candidate the association of republicans would have selected.

I have long been against independent voters voting in a primary except for any independent candidates. Often liberal states with independent voters that can vote in any party primary get an influence on who is in the race before many states get to vote. I also believe that some voters are independent just to vote in either primary they choose...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Still not a big deal?

That is exactly how we got Trump, massive Democrat turnover.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom