Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Work 2 days next week and off for 5....Retiring in June!!

I need to look into this retirement thing I keep hearing about. June will come by pretty quickly. Heck, it’s not even Christmas and yet we are still only 8 weeks from the first flicker of spring showing.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    GM all. Coffee or die

I have 2 sides to my Zen coin. 1 is the chaotic company of the turkeys. They provide me with my happiness. My structure.
    The other side is the treestand. To be settled before the sun kisses the woods to wake her. To hear the earth come alive with light and life. To witness her innocence in unmanned territory. It is in this moment there are no words.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

The tools of the day....
    zoUHduv.jpg

The edges are very defined. I will soften this. Some call it "De-Horning"
    ZKAGxfI.jpg

Kqp62o8.jpg

Marked off for reference and roughed in.....
    DYDJ0tz.jpg

Close. Still work to do. Pics do not do this justice.
    OnqZTmJ.jpg

m04UIOy.jpg

Ejection port is tedious. All this was about 3 1/2 hours. I did more after the pic.
    lsgJQ35.jpg

That gun seriously needed de-horning badly. Excellent seeing it finally getting taken care of... :yesway:

For me, I find zen on the firing line. Whether looking through a scope or riding the recoil on a 1911, I am truly at peace when pulling the trigger. The last time I was shooting, I had one of those ‘Use the Force, Luke’ kind of moments where I just relaxed, focused on the target and ignored the sights. I did some of the best shooting I’ve done in those last 4 strings.

In normal times, I’d take extra ammo and would continue shooting past my planned amount when I had days like that but sadly that’s not where we are today.

I'm similar in that the most zen I've found in a long time was the mornings 88 and I would meet up at MCF&G, setup, drink coffee for a while and then spend a couple of hours shooting at 25, 50 or 100 yards for accuracy. That slow, methodical rate of fire just centers me. I love my bolt action .22 rifles :)

Work 2 days next week and off for 5....Retiring in June!!

Congrats! :rockwoot:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Zen seems more mysterious than it actually is. For me, zen can be found in totally focusing on what I am doing at the moment. When chopping wood, I find zen in just chopping wood without any distraction or diversionofthought. That can be a challenge for me in most things but comes while shooting quite easily

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Setting up the shop to assemble a BB Chevy.
    I have spent mega time in my mind and the package is already there. I just have to follow the road I have laid out in my mind. When I run into a hurdle the brain resets and we solve that issue so the project can move forward again. Sometimes the entire thing has to be re-thought. So calmly pulling back and running the hard drive between my ears keeps me disconnected form the stresses that slow us down. At least for that time.

The same comes from anything else that requires the same mental effort.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all!
    It's great seeing pics of your work, CM! I bought a checkering file that came in yesterday. I've got to start practicing with it and get it down well before using it for real.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    (Happy Birthday doddg)

I second this - Happy Birthday!

Maybe I ordered a sylvan folding adapter last night. Maybe I didn't. The bottom of the lake will soon find out.

Just got home from breakfast in the truck with tiny Satan at Muskatatuk. Geese standing on the ice had her cracking up. Biggest Blue Heron I've ever seen was 20 yards from the road.
    8a9abc27663a8dfa3b03793e6139b810.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    New rifle is out for delivery. Don't know if I'll be able to pick it up today or have to wait until tomorrow. Also have 400 .308 WIN – 168gr SMK out for delivery...signature required so I wait all day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Shop is warmed up. Time to dig deep into the motivation reserves. The house is quite. CKW and the 13 year old are gone on a Gala shopping spree and the terrorists are at home. The peace is really nice.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    New rifle is out for delivery. Don't know if I'll be able to pick it up today or have to wait until tomorrow. Also have 400 .308 WIN – 168gr SMK out for delivery...signature required so I wait all day.

When you jump​, you jump BIG, Tarzan !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom