Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Zen is achieved for me at least, when doing something that removes my mind from the stresses of life and lets me solve problems mechanical in nature.
    Achieving a goal with the tools and materials at hand.
    Speaking to my heart right there brother. My deepest happiness comes from doing physical labor with my hands. I don’t know how I ended up sitting at a damn computer all day long, but it is making my body feel old and useless this year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :crying:

I have only held a 1911 once. It just felt awkward. Didn't shoot it though, made I'd like it some if I actually operated one.

Oh you and I will be getting together if you want to hang onto that man card.....:):

I get it. But there is just something about that antiquated outdated low round count I will hit you every time I pull the trigger platform.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Oh you and I will be getting together if you want to hang onto that man card.....:):

I get it. But there is just something about that antiquated outdated low round count I will hit you every time I pull the trigger platform.

:drama:

I don't have any major objection to the capacity. I think the main thing is that I didn't hold it tight for really firing. Just held one at the local pawn shop while browsing. If I were to ever buy one, I would certainly get one with an ambi-safety. I couldn't reach squat with my LH on that Remington 1911. I have been sending a couple of the threads to my brother who likes and wants to buy a 1911 at some point.

Y'all are a lot more experienced that I am. I'd be pretty intimated shooting with you all, to be truthful. I am not the shooter I would like to be.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Just bustin your chops, hope i didn't offend.

On occasion, within the last year, I've not worn eye pro while shooting rifles due to fogging issues. I dont like doing that, but thought I'd mention it, so people don't think I was being a jerk by saying something.
    I have cream so it's cool. No sensitivity here!

Just watched the first episode of Queens Gambit. Digging it.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Speaking to my heart right there brother. My deepest happiness comes from doing physical labor with my hands. I don’t know how I ended up sitting at a damn computer all day long, but it is making my body feel old and useless this year.

Dang, man .... just wait until it really is old, and useless ! ;) (ask me how I know .... or not )

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :drama:

I don't have any major objection to the capacity. I think the main thing is that I didn't hold it tight for really firing. Just held one at the local pawn shop while browsing. If I were to ever buy one, I would certainly get one with an ambi-safety. I couldn't reach squat with my LH on that Remington 1911. I have been sending a couple of the threads to my brother who likes and wants to buy a 1911 at some point.

Y'all are a lot more experienced that I am. I'd be pretty intimated shooting with you all, to be truthful. I am not the shooter I would like to be.

My friend that is how we up our games. We are not judgmental as a group or individuals. We will assist where we see it is needed. Several in this little band of miscreants have been instructors.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Zen is achieved for me at least, when doing something that removes my mind from the stresses of life and lets me solve problems mechanical in nature...

Zen for me is best achieved mountain biking or tree climbing. Focus comes when a moments inattention will result in pain and often damage.

Real Zen comes when I hit a tree at speed or come off the bike and head meets ground with force...it's in those moments laying on the ground with stars swirling above, before the pain sets in and before the self check for the severity of damage. All is good even then if no bones are sticking out and the bleeding is easily stoppable.:laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom