Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well said, 88. Our customer with the 1968 Shelby GT350, he bought that car this year from a large dealer out of Canada. It had been restored probably 15 years ago and then stuck in a museum. It was real pretty concours done just like factory, but it wouldn’t drive! He spent another $10k with us to get it back up and driving proper and everything working. They had just made it pretty... So this summer he enjoyed it, he said he put over 1000 miles on it and when it came back to us, it was dirty, it had dirt on it, had some mud flung up underneath and down the side. I was so happy to see that. He’s enjoying the car.

If he has not left 2 long black marks on the pavement out front of his house the car is being wasted.........:):

Unless it is a single and then 1 long one bullet style will suffice.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning

Practical T-Dogg say:
    I don't like anything in our home sitting and not being used. If I haven't used it in years, it's time to find a new home. I am not wealthy enough to be a collector.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm actively restraining myself from looking in the classifieds. I also un-subscribed from a bunch of email advertisements coming from retailers I usually buy gun stuff from. I don’t need the temptations anymore.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    My son and I were talking about the idea of buying and not using something last night. He was showing me an ad for an old Porsche 911 that had only 42 miles on it. I hate seeing cars like that. All of the craftsmanship that went into building something like that and the guy that buys it puts it away as an investment. Things are meant to be used, not just had. Buying something and being afraid to actually use it is something I just can’t do.

My desire is to shoot all of my guns as much as I can afford to, drive my cars into the ground and get every bit of use out of something. Ownership is a burden that has no reward if the item is not used. Even my USGI 1911s have barrels fit that let me shoot them as much as I want with little worry about ruining an old gun.

If I had silly amounts of money, I’d start a rescue organization that would buy up old collector cars, have them refreshed to replace deteriorated rubber components and then drive the snot out of them for a while. Guns and cars deserve to be driven, and shot. If not, they are just things that wasted a craftsman’s time.
    Preach on. Wear marks on anything are a sign of fellowship with the machine.

GM all. The pups first snow is hilarious. She don't know how to act. I hope it accumulates enough... do you wanna build a snowman? (Anyone with young kids just started singing that song.)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Morning folks! :coffee: :coffee:

2020 continues to suck. I got a notification from HR that someone’s trying to file an unemployment claim under my name. Then, yesterday, I found termites in the wall of my office. What will today bring?

Oh my.....that is​ terrible. Yikes !

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Good morning everyone.

About these collector guns, I went to a very old gun store this week in Tyler, Texas. They’ve been in business for about 70 years, and in this building since 1971. They didn’t have a lot of guns for sale, but the walls were full of cool, old guns. Think Leadeye cool. It was an amazing place, but kind of sad in a way. Most of those guns had been on the wall since 1971.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I’ve been going through the ‘collection’ lately to exercise the unshot. There are a couple things in there to move still but I’ve let a bunch go this year. The new Arisaka and Enfield will both be shot when done being restored. Winter is here so it’s now Mosin time again

I seem to keep quoting you today..... you say good stuff. I boldfaced the part that echoed with me. My M44 must roar this winter, and the flames melt some snow ! ;)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Morning.

After registering on a new site and placing an order last night, I found they had sent me an email for 10% of the first order. Will call when they open in a few minutes and see if they will add it to my order or cancel the order so I can reorder.

Also contacted another company with a warranty problem. Fun and Games.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Excellent! Sportsman's Warehouse applied the discount, saving me $95 and the item is shipping today. Off to a good start.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all!
    I had both vehicles out of the garage last night due to the work that I was doing. So I got to clean off both of them this morning. I parked the other vehicle in the garage before I left. I've got to plan my garage work with the weather a little bit better. :)

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Morning.

After registering on a new site and placing an order last night, I found they had sent me an email for 10% of the first order. Will call when they open in a few minutes and see if they will add it to my order or cancel the order so I can reorder.

Also contacted another company with a warranty problem. Fun and Games.
    Good CS will make a loyal customer out of me. Nothing better than honest people doing good business. Sweet score.

KJ this place is a Holy Place. If you didn't, you must purchase arms of old from them. 1791 ratification and store opens in 1971 is an omen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom