Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Good CS will make a loyal customer out of me. Nothing better than honest people doing good business. Sweet score.

KJ this place is a Holy Place. If you didn't, you must purchase arms of old from them. 1791 ratification and store opens in 1971 is an omen.
    None of the old stuff was for sale. They had at least 5, 1873 winchesters, and more army and navy Colt pistols than I had ever seen.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

And I found a set of Vortex Pro rings last night that I hope will work on the new setup.

Still winning and that's unusual so I'm expecting the sky to fall. Thinking I should find a dark spot under the basement stairs and hide for a couple of days.:)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have a couple guns that I've never shot. 1 is a family hand me down that saw use when my great great grandpa caried while delivering mail between railroad cars. The other is a Colt Ultimate Comando that my grandpa gave me - its never been fired outside of the factory. I intend to keep it that way and hand it down to whichever one of my kids in interested.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    :wavey: I've been so busy this past week! Hoping things calm down after the holidays.

I hear that. Hope you're doing better.

We think my mother-in-law has the Kung Flu. She's tested negative but has every symptom. She's sort of high risk with diabetes and heart issues and she's faired ok. Sort of hoping she did have it and she's past it now.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What's funny to me is the number of guns in the classifieds like that which are not in any way "collector firearms". I can see putting something special away unfired, as it would detract from the value of a collectable firearm. Putting away a G***k anything, or any other commonly available gun and not firing it is beyond my comprehension. Why spend money on something like that and plan on not shooting it? The only scenarios I can think of is that someone orders something and is gifted another one, or wins it in a raffle, or something along those lines. Or maybe that they got a completely killer deal on something and then the price of it goes up so much that they can make a nice profit by selling it. I dunno, not many possibilities that make sense to me. "I bought this a year ago and it sat in my safe until now unfired" is just something I can't wrap my head around.

My son and I were talking about the idea of buying and not using something last night. He was showing me an ad for an old Porsche 911 that had only 42 miles on it. I hate seeing cars like that. All of the craftsmanship that went into building something like that and the guy that buys it puts it away as an investment. Things are meant to be used, not just had. Buying something and being afraid to actually use it is something I just can’t do.

My desire is to shoot all of my guns as much as I can afford to, drive my cars into the ground and get every bit of use out of something. Ownership is a burden that has no reward if the item is not used. Even my USGI 1911s have barrels fit that let me shoot them as much as I want with little worry about ruining an old gun.

If I had silly amounts of money, I’d start a rescue organization that would buy up old collector cars, have them refreshed to replace deteriorated rubber components and then drive the snot out of them for a while. Guns and cars deserve to be driven, and shot. If not, they are just things that wasted a craftsman’s time.

Well said, 88. Our customer with the 1968 Shelby GT350, he bought that car this year from a large dealer out of Canada. It had been restored probably 15 years ago and then stuck in a museum. It was real pretty concours done just like factory, but it wouldn’t drive! He spent another $10k with us to get it back up and driving proper and everything working. They had just made it pretty... So this summer he enjoyed it, he said he put over 1000 miles on it and when it came back to us, it was dirty, it had dirt on it, had some mud flung up underneath and down the side. I was so happy to see that. He’s enjoying the car.

Yep, I at least have to make sure everything works properly, even for a secondary/tertiary backup gun.

And as stated feel similar about cars. I take care of them, but I'm going to drive it. Part of why I'd rather take something older and cool that doesn't have collector value already for whatever reason and retro mod it and drive it rather than worry about it staying pristine and original.

I have two pieces that I've admittedly babied, but they've still been shot many times.

I'm all for taking care of things for sure, but to not use something at all seems strange. Almost makes me wonder if people put that in an ad to disavow if something doesn't function properly once it's sold.

Personally, I'm of the mind, I want to see something run.

Yep, 2020 gifted me with termites as well. Gotta hit up someone to do some remediation in the Spring... :(

Man, that's not cool. I may have to look at getting some kind of protection plan. I've never worried about that here in Indiana. Now FL was of course a different story.

Excellent! Sportsman's Warehouse applied the discount, saving me $95 and the item is shipping today. Off to a good start.

Good deal. That's when you know you have good customer service. The bad CS places make you cancel an order etc and then re-enter it yourself. If I have to cancel the order, I may just reconsider who I'm placing it with in the first place.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Don't know if the prices are good or bad but for those that have been looking at Milwaukee battery tools, Rural King just sent an email with some of it on sale.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It begins.

Picked this up from WT a week ago or so. I did the ignition on it when he 1st got it.
    G0HQsWJ.jpg

All laid out.
    8agVwgM.jpg

Pushing out the back sight.
    Py50E5D.jpg

And the front sight.
    ZJT544c.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    ...Asspandas to the left of me, asspandas to the right, and here I am. Stuck in the middle [again]

This week just keeps getting better

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    And the new batteries have brought those craftsman drills back to life. Haven't had torque in them that like in a long long time. Amazing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom