The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Has anybody watched “blacklist” on Netflix? Started it as couple days ago. Seems pretty interesting.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Took the terrorists to a movie and then lunch.
    Came home and fixed the fire pit on the "DECK" for CKW. New regulator and a supply hose.
    Re-hung the back screen door on the daughters house next door.

Great 1st day of the year. Priceless time with the terrorists and got things done.

Excellent ! :yesway:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Had a great afternoons at the range, got about 2 hours of range time today.

X39 AR ran great. Couple of small hiccups, one of the mags didn’t want to stay in all of the way and Red Army ammo has a harder primer than Wolf. Looks like is should be a 1.5-2 MOA rifle with cheap steel ammo. Absolutely love the Gibbz side charging upper.

Discovered Winchester’s subsonic 22 ammo isn’t really subsonic. Otherwise the rest were varying degrees of quiet and I tested what I wanted to on that front.

After mulling it around and coming to terms with it for a week or two, I bought a Gen5 G19 with a Holosun 507 on it last week. I put 150rds through that and I find that I rather enjoyed it. That was probably the most fun I’ve had with a 9mm pistol in a along time.

With that, I’ve said good things about an AR and a g-word so I’m going to go find a therapist now.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Took the family to a few pawn shops today just to get out of the house and look for something cool enough to keep me from ordering anything online. I think I found it. With any luck, I should be coming home tomorrow with a factory built Noveske 18" SPR in 5.56. I'll put my PST 2.5-10x32 scope on it and shoot 77gr pills just like my hero KJQ.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What exactly is a sniper match? Sounds interesting.

20 rounds center fire in slow fire. You must shoot prone with only front support for the rifle allowed. You are shooting at 100 yards. You have 20 seconds to get a shot off with a 20 second period between shots.

Not really a sniper match but a fun way to spend New Year’s Day.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hmmmm ...... seems a little shaky ! :):

My thinking is that by the end of 2020, I should have a better feel for what I like if I stop distracting myself with new toys. Then, the unloved stuff can move on to bring funds in for more shooting.

I’ve decided that I like shooting guns more than just having guns. Sure, having guns is fun but it does not compare to the fun of running the snot out of them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve been in the church shooting thread and watched the video. Let me say here and now that if I die in a shooting that has a clear video record and if I die because I made mistakes, you guys better watch that damned video and learn from whatever screwup I may have done that got me killed. I’ll be damned if I want mistakes I make to not result in hard won lessons.

Just saying...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Had a great afternoons at the range, got about 2 hours of range time today.

X39 AR ran great. Couple of small hiccups, one of the mags didn’t want to stay in all of the way and Red Army ammo has a harder primer than Wolf. Looks like is should be a 1.5-2 MOA rifle with cheap steel ammo. Absolutely love the Gibbz side charging upper.

Discovered Winchester’s subsonic 22 ammo isn’t really subsonic. Otherwise the rest were varying degrees of quiet and I tested what I wanted to on that front.

After mulling it around and coming to terms with it for a week or two, I bought a Gen5 G19 with a Holosun 507 on it last week. I put 150rds through that and I find that I rather enjoyed it. That was probably the most fun I’ve had with a 9mm pistol in a along time.

With that, I’ve said good things about an AR and a g-word so I’m going to go find a therapist now.

I do enjoy shooting red dot equipped pistols. It makes me look better than I am.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    What exactly is a sniper match? Sounds interesting.

Nothing spectacular and I'm not sure why they call it a sniper match, but in this case it is shot on an MR-31 target with any centerfire rifle at 100 yards. The 10 ring is 1.75" and the X ring is 0.75". It is the 100 yard reduced version of the MR-1 NRA 600 YD High Power Rifle target.

It is shot from the prone position with front bipod or sandbags and no artificial rear support (you can use your support hand in the back). All rounds are loaded one at a time. You have 20 seconds to fire/20 second rest/20 seconds to fire/20 seconds to rest, etc until you have fired your 20 rounds over the course of 13 minutes.

The 2 best scores today were 200/17X and 200/19X.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My thinking is that by the end of 2020, I should have a better feel for what I like if I stop distracting myself with new toys. Then, the unloved stuff can move on to bring funds in for more shooting.

I’ve decided that I like shooting guns more than just having guns. Sure, having guns is fun but it does not compare to the fun of running the snot out of them.
    This is pretty much where I'm at for the most part. I'll add that I need to learn to pony up the extra money at times to fulfill my wants instead of making compromises just because something is cheaper but not necessarily better suited for me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’ve been in the church shooting thread and watched the video. Let me say here and now that if I die in a shooting that has a clear video record and if I die because I made mistakes, you guys better watch that damned video and learn from whatever screwup I may have done that got me killed. I’ll be damned if I want mistakes I make to not result in hard won lessons.

Just saying...

Well said. But we may just want to watch the video to see people die. I learned that in the thread we are referring too. On Ingo. Brilliant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom