churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    9976878d7a8b5144583312a91227f7c2.jpg

Before this 22 thing gets Bruce pulling mancards again.

How about a double 458 win mag CZ?

Elegant.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have not. I didnt even consider that seriously to be honest. It's a bcm bcg so I didnt think it too likely. I had trouble lining up the gas block, so I think it's on me. I'll bring a couple next range day though.

Also, it was all feeding issues. Seemed like the bolt was just on the edge of grabbing the next round. If it grabbed it acted like it didnt have enough umph to push the round into the chamber. A quick rack and gtg.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have had the sme issues in the past with a couple of AR builds. Checked everything. Still issues. Swapped out the CG and off to the races. The BCG went into a different rifle and ran OK but was weak on recoil. Swapped out the rings on the bolt and lapped the carrier in and bingo.

I will look into it. What got me is only the 55gr had issues. And they felt like 22 lr it was such light recoiling. I'm definitely going to try this out. I want this one to run.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will look into it. What got me is only the 55gr had issues. And they felt like 22 lr it was such light recoiling. I'm definitely going to try this out. I want this one to run.

OK it sounds like a gas issues. If the 5.56 was running it then the .223 was not pushing the bolt back far enough. What ammo...???

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Maybe I missed it .... but I don't have enough info on this rifle. What chamber ? ..... .556, or .223 Wylde ?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    .223 wylde
    B.a.hanson barrel 16"
    I had problems (similar to yours) when running 5.56 in a Wylde barrel. The way that I understand it, 5.56 brass is slightly thicker..... and often has issues (especially in a new gun) with feeding and extracting in a .223 wylde chamber. I solved my problem by using a chamber reaming brush to hone the chamber. Then, it would run 5.56.. But still, that chamber just prefers .223 ammo. :)

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I had problems (similar to yours) when running 5.56 in a Wylde barrel. The way that I understand it, 5.56 brass is slightly thicker..... and often has issues (especially in a new gun) with feeding and extracting in a .223 wylde chamber. I solved my problem by using a chamber reaming brush to hone the chamber. Then, it would run 5.56.. But still, that chamber just prefers .223 ammo. :)

That is interesting, so gassing it up would help but not necessarily the issue?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    This would be my 3rd 223 wylde. First one with issues. I guess I have another variable to check out. Darn, I guess I'll have to go the the range again..

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    That is interesting, so gassing it up would help but not necessarily the issue?
    I bet that if you look at your ejected .556 brass, you might be able to see (not on all of them) that the case rims are deformed ..... mine were often times bent. The Wylde chamber is a tight chamber on purpose, because it's intended for accuracy. So after the round is ignited ..... coupled with tthe expansion of the slightly thicker brass cause the 'stickiness', and the bolt is also slowed down in the process.

I found out all of this by visiting and reading multiple AR specific rifle sites, and gleaning the information. This might not be your issue .... but it certainly was mine.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This would be my 3rd 223 wylde. First one with issues. I guess I have another variable to check out. Darn, I guess I'll have to go the the range again..
    BUT .... now you're running an expensive BA Hanson barrel ! ..... it's meant for competition shooting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom