• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Can I hang out here if I only have CZ rifles? I'm feeling kinda funny, lurking like I do. I saw a post recently listing calibers. If I have enough calibers, can I still play? I don't have anything against CZ pistols, just have not got there yet. so Here's my CZ calibers, do I qualify? Can I hang, (or lurk)?

.17 hm2
    .17 hmr
    .17 Hornet
    .22 LR
    .22 Magnum
    .22 Hornet
    .222 Remington
    .243 Winchester

Seriously, plan to start looking at the CZ pistollas, so just a friendly post, having appreciated the CZ quality already.

P.S.: and Happy Birthday, Mr. CM. And I promise not to post innapropriate language again.!!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Can I hang out here if I only have CZ rifles? I'm feeling kinda funny, lurking like I do. I saw a post recently listing calibers. If I have enough calibers, can I still play? I don't have anything against CZ pistols, just have not got there yet. so Here's my CZ calibers, do I qualify? Can I hang, (or lurk)?

.17 hm2
    .17 hmr
    .17 Hornet
    .22 LR
    .22 Magnum
    .22 Hornet
    .222 Remington
    .243 Winchester

Seriously, plan to start looking at the CZ pistollas, so just a friendly post, having appreciated the CZ quality already.

P.S.: and Happy Birthday, Mr. CM. And I promise not to post innapropriate language again.!!

Everyone is welcome to drop in and enjoy the CZickness... :koolaid:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

.17 hm2
    .17 hmr
    .17 Hornet
    .22 LR
    .22 Magnum
    .22 Hornet
    .222 Remington
    .243 Winchester

They let me post here so....

Looking at your list, it would seem you are ready from something that starts with "3".

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    They let me post here so....

Looking at your list, it would seem you are ready from something that starts with "3".

A model 527 carbine in .327 magnum would already have my money, but I'm guessing that's not what you were referring to. As a collector, what is the first CZ pistol I should look for? I like 9mm single stack mag in pistols.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    A model 527 carbine in .327 magnum would already have my money, but I'm guessing that's not what you were referring to. As a collector, what is the first CZ pistol I should look for? I like 9mm single stack mag in pistols.

That's a loaded question... a 75b is always a good start, but they are double stack..

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Tim, I have to admit, I had a great day on your birthday.

4 young men in the house wondered if we could have some target practice. Soo-o-o. . . I dropped what I was doing, found all the available ammo here, (north house is undersupplied) and we all went outside. Built a firewood backstop and gave them each 8 rounds and an earful of instruction on the pre-B 75 at 7 yds. Then moved to the tailgate at about 25 and let them shoot 9mm cases with the 10/22 until they were too cold to function. Then moved back to 50 and center punched a walnut with the suppressed hmr so they'd know the old man was not safe to bet against.

Barb had made a meat loaf, taters, and vegetables by the time we came in and there wasn't a scrap left by the time we finished. A fine day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

4 young men in the house wondered if we could have some target practice. Soo-o-o. . . I dropped what I was doing, found all the available ammo here, (north house is undersupplied) and we all went outside. Built a firewood backstop and gave them each 8 rounds and an earful of instruction on the pre-B 75 at 7 yds. Then moved to the tailgate at about 25 and let them shoot 9mm cases with the 10/22 until they were too cold to function. Then moved back to 50 and center punched a walnut with the suppressed hmr so they'd know the old man was not safe to bet against.

Barb had made a meat loaf, taters, and vegetables by the time we came in and there wasn't a scrap left by the time we finished. A fine day.

Well thats super.
    Manny and I busted tail today installing a heat pump system.
    CKW is putting my request of B&G, fried taters, scrambled and bacon on the stove. Yeah I know but hey, its what I wanted....:):

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

That sounds like a good way to spend a Saturday.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    22 ammo testing at the range today for the Orange Creamsicle and the Ruger Hunter.

Brought along some 357 mag wheel guns so I could keep my man card. Had some issues with the Colt cylinder not locking in place. Spun it into place and it would fire with the next da or sa pull. Something to look at with that Colt.

b6327e1c82fa1d5317a0ebfa81dddaf8.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    So advice time, I am taking my most recent ar build on her first range trip. I can't decide between the vortex uh1 with or with out 3x magnifier, or a Leopold vxr 3-9x40. So I did the CZ thing and decided to do both. So now I need a good quality qd 30mm mount for the VX-r. Suggestions?

Ar will be shtf go to if it proves reliable.
    BA hanson 16" barrel so hoping to be able to punch small holes.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    22 ammo testing at the range today for the Orange Creamsicle and the Ruger Hunter.

Brought along some 357 mag wheel guns so I could keep my man card. Had some issues with the Colt cylinder not locking in place. Spun it into place and it would fire with the next da or sa pull. Something to look at with that Colt.

b6327e1c82fa1d5317a0ebfa81dddaf8.jpg

That's a good looking family pic.. I dig your"creamsicle" ... yup

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Whew ..... before I read that, and scanned down to see the bottom of the photo, I was really concerned for you. Now, I feel all better ! :chuck:

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Glad that Senior Lollipop had a great day, and that Thor is receiving a special-request dinner. All is well in CZ'icko land . :rockwoot:

Me ? Yesterday, wore me down a bit. Was on my feet, and in odd positions (not spine friendly !) during the great rifle build with Steve. I took it easy today, and am looking forward to pizza dinner.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    So advice time, I am taking my most recent ar build on her first range trip. I can't decide between the vortex uh1 with or with out 3x magnifier, or a Leopold vxr 3-9x40. So I did the CZ thing and decided to do both. So now I need a good quality qd 30mm mount for the VX-r. Suggestions?

IMO, the ADM (American Defense Manufacturing) mount is the cat's meow. Not cheap, at around $170 , but receives top reviews from everyone, everywhere. I have one in my cabinet, just waiting to be mounted to my new AR build.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

Can't help you much except to say that the Ruger Hunter in the above pic has an American Defense QD mount and it seems to be good quality (to back up what MM said).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom