• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    IMO, the ADM (American Defense Manufacturing) mount is the cat's meow. Not cheap, at around $170 , but receives top reviews from everyone, everywhere. I have one in my cabinet, just waiting to be mounted to my new AR build.
    MM, what optic did you decide on for your new build?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    IMO, the ADM (American Defense Manufacturing) mount is the cat's meow. Not cheap, at around $170 , but receives top reviews from everyone, everywhere. I have one in my cabinet, just waiting to be mounted to my new AR build.

Welp 2 for 2 on the adm... but $170... I need to save up a lot of brownie points for that.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    MM, what optic did you decide on for your new build?

To back up a little, snow shovel, gmcttr kind of said (yesterday) what was on my mind. I think that your BA Hanson barrel needs a long-range optic to make a match made in heaven.
    To that end, I've purchased an Athlon 6-30X scope. Athlon is the new kid on the block, but a similar one has held up, and pleased me on my 50 BMG rifle. If it can handle the recoil on BRUTUS, and continue to track .... it can handle anything. Plus, they have a no-questions lifetime guarantee.
    If I'm not pleased with the accuracy of the Athlon, I already have a Bushnell (top of the line .... made by LOW of Japan) scope in my Wish List. :)

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    To back up a little, snow shovel, gmcttr kind of said (yesterday) what was on my mind. I think that your BA Hanson barrel needs a long-range optic to make a match made in heaven.
    To that end, I've purchased an Athlon 6-30X scope. Athlon is the new kid on the block, but a similar one has held up, and pleased me on my 50 BMG rifle. If it can handle the recoil on BRUTUS, and continue to track .... it can handle anything. Plus, they have a no-questions lifetime guarantee.
    If I'm not pleased with the accuracy of the Athlon, I already have a Bushnell (top of the line .... made by LOW of Japan) scope in my Wish List. :)

Nice! Keep us updated on what you think of it. :yesway:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The Bushnell is this one: [h=1]Bushnell Elite Tactical G2DMR FFP Reticle Riflescope (6-24x50-mm)[/h]It's 700 clams, so I'm hoping that the Athlon will work ..... and put hole-touching-hole-touching-hole .......

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Nice! Keep us updated on what you think of it. :yesway:

will do .... although it might be a while. This kind of AR is fairly useless at the Point Blank 25 yard range, and it's gonna be too cold to drag my old bones to an outdoor range. Super cold weather for the next week. ICK !!!

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    will do .... although it might be a while. This kind of AR is fairly useless at the Point Blank 25 yard range, and it's gonna be too cold to drag my old bones to an outdoor range. Super cold weather for the next week. ICK !!!
    If you want a range buddy, let me know! Mine still needs its maiden voyage, too.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If you want a range buddy, let me know! Mine still needs its maiden voyage, too.
    Will do ! :yesway:
    Thinking about the Ballistic Advantage barrel that we both have, I'm going back to their website for a look .... If I remember correctly, they have a break-in procedure detailed. Fire so many shot, then clean, fire so many shots, then clean ...... and so forth.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Any idea what ammo you will use with this build. I thinking we have similar build, and ss does too. I will hopefully be playing around with several commercial rounds. I know my savage 10 really like the hornady black 77gr. I'm hoping that's a good match here too.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It’s been a CZ kind of day. Picked up a Kadet Kit and stumbled into a 457. The 457 was wife approved for features and price, so it came home. My fun money fund is officially drained.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Will do ! :yesway:
    Thinking about the Ballistic Advantage barrel that we both have, I'm going back to their website for a look .... If I remember correctly, they have a break-in procedure detailed. Fire so many shot, then clean, fire so many shots, then clean ...... and so forth.

Wasn't aware of this. I will check this out too

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Any idea what ammo you will use with this build. I thinking we have similar build, and ss does too. I will hopefully be playing around with several commercial rounds. I know my savage 10 really like the hornady black 77gr. I'm hoping that's a good match here too.
    With my .223 Wylde chamber, I've been stockpiling boxes of the new Hornady Frontier in .223. In particular, I hope to find that the rifle works real well with their 68 grain boat-tail match ammo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom