• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Oh darn. I guess tomorrow's range day will be a long one. I better take a couple extra boxes of ammo to keep me busy. Lol
    Actually I have a second ar pistol to test and bzo

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    22 ammo testing at the range today for the Orange Creamsicle and the Ruger Hunter.

Brought along some 357 mag wheel guns so I could keep my man card. Had some issues with the Colt cylinder not locking in place. Spun it into place and it would fire with the next da or sa pull. Something to look at with that Colt.

b6327e1c82fa1d5317a0ebfa81dddaf8.jpg
    The Orange Creamsicle is a pretty sweet looking setup.
    So advice time, I am taking my most recent ar build on her first range trip. I can't decide between the vortex uh1 with or with out 3x magnifier, or a Leopold vxr 3-9x40. So I did the CZ thing and decided to do both. So now I need a good quality qd 30mm mount for the VX-r. Suggestions?

Ar will be shtf go to if it proves reliable.
    BA hanson 16" barrel so hoping to be able to punch small holes.
    With QD mounts, you pay more for the return to zero capability being better. A $220 Bobro will return to zero better than a Burris PEPR will. I've had good success with American Defense mounts also, but they aren't $100 either. How much does the QD and the ability to return to zero matter to you? That should dictate what you buy. If you don't need QD, but still want good return to zero, I recommend a Warne mount for around $100.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    22 ammo testing at the range today for the Orange Creamsicle and the Ruger Hunter.

Brought along some 357 mag wheel guns so I could keep my man card. Had some issues with the Colt cylinder not locking in place. Spun it into place and it would fire with the next da or sa pull. Something to look at with that Colt.

OK you need to stop showing this pic. :nailbite:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    The Orange Creamsicle is a pretty sweet looking setup.

With QD mounts, you pay more for the return to zero capability being better. A $220 Bobro will return to zero better than a Burris PEPR will. I've had good success with American Defense mounts also, but they aren't $100 either. How much does the QD and the ability to return to zero matter to you? That should dictate what you buy. If you don't need QD, but still want good return to zero, I recommend a Warne mount for around $100.

I would be switching between a vortex uh1 and the vxr as the range trip dictates. Qd is not a must but if it had similar return to zero capability that would be nice. Rtz would be the priority.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    • 5-25 one shot cycles
    • 2 three shot cycles
    • 1 five shot cycle
    Well, that's gonna take a good while. :scratch:
    I've done it before and yes it can take a bit sometimes. If you are after precision shooting "tight groups", I'd definitely follow it. Just don't be in a hurry and only take that gun to the range that day if you can.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. When I scrolled down and saw the string of revolvers, my head jerked in awe and surprise: :wow:.
    2. What a display!
    3. Having played with a "little" Ruger GP100 .357 Wiley Clapp edition myself today and spent a little time eyeballing a S/W 686 yesterday and today (only online or I might have bought it in person :dunno:), I could really appreciate them spread out there. :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom