• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Looking good Ben! Hope I'm not opening up a can of worms, but is that a stainless guide rod? I swear I've read where those are fine to put in our steel-framed CZs, but they don't play well with alloy frames. Someone please correct me if my intel is bad. I've stuck with the plastic guide rods on the PCR and P-01 on purpose because of this.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Looking good Ben! Hope I'm not opening up a can of worms, but is that a stainless guide rod? I swear I've read where those are fine to put in our steel-framed CZs, but they don't play well with alloy frames. Someone please correct me if my intel is bad. I've stuck with the plastic guide rods on the PCR and P-01 on purpose because of this.
    I've heard the same thing.

lexis2413

Mrs. Turbo
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Ok, I'm done polishing.
    I've polished parts that will make it slicker and parts that make it look czicker! It's as slick as glass now.
    I have no way of knowing if it is any smoother, but in my head it seems to be the case
    6b8bb925c9f7379f11e4007b5ea7c8f5.jpg
    2c5b2f29b7c351aeb906b41ab798ca63.jpg
    3b97fa263d318c52e505854d389ea659.jpg

:rockwoot::wow::shoot:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It is a stainless guide rod. It was already in it when I got it. I haven't heard of anything about them versus polymer. It shot fine with it in there. What should I watch out for happening? When I was polishing and oiling I could hear a little squeak in that area, so I put a little lube all along the guide rod and that took care of it.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    :laugh: I like that you took the time to give it teeth!

You're correct. I actually did .... I'm not sure why, but heck, why not ! :):

Nice shooting Tex! I like the warning shot too. It shows that you are a compassionate man. Just don't let the lawyer see it, he'll prosecute you.

Good advise, KJ .... I've put that advice under my hat ! :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom