Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Can we get Doddg a 50 round drum for his beloved,47 ounce, SAO, Shadow 2, already. Would we have to buy him 5 of them to comply with the rules?:laugh:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just found a page in a notebook where I was weighing triggers. The lightest was #6 which is a 75 pre-B converted to SAO. The SA trigger was 2lbs 4oz.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I was hoping for a sunny day so I could get a good picture of the Angel. One where the color actually comes through in the picture. Well, maybe tomorrow.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The 5 mags isn't a hard set rule, more of a suggestion of what to bring. The key point is, don't run out of bullets while the clock is running.

1. Thanks for the clarification, and I can't wait to figure out whether you should skip a target if you tried 3 times to get it but missed, or you should keep shooting till you do (for advantage in scoring).
    2. When it is "close" it shouldn't be an issue but if they take it out and have a 6" target, I could see that being a problem since I shoot 20' and 30' alot, but not 40' and hardly ever go clear out to 50' at the range.
    3. Should I do more 40' and 50' range practice in preparation?

How about a hypothetical Doddg.

4. Much appreciated. :thumbsup: And, with pics: :wow:

Lets say "stage 1" is a plate rack.
    191BC11C-1275-4A80-B5E1-19A2E29364F4_zpslhfnxuq4.jpg

There are 6 targets that you have to shoot. When the timer beeps, you shoot them.
    When you shoot the last one, the timer stops.

5. This is where the penalty for not hitting a target must be worse than the time it takes to shoot the extra 2-5 rounds (?) to finally hit a "stubborn" one (if you are hyped up with adrenaline, like I will be. :dunno:
    6. I get excited just reading about it and watching the vids.
    :laugh:

That would be your first "string".

7. Now I get the difference between "string" and "stage."

They'll reset the targets, you'll be given the opportunity to "make ready" again.
    This means you can change to a fresh mag, if need be, not reload your mags.

8. Great clarification!

Then you shoot the targets again, your second string. It all repeats, then you shoot it a third time.

9. That was a "fuzzy" part in my understanding.
    10. I've been told you repeat each "string" twice, but you are saying 3 times, which must mean it depends on the course/rules at that range, perhaps.
    11. Therefore, if you have 17 rounds on tap in 3 mags for 3 strings, a person should be OK (I don't even think I would need more, but if you were doing terrible and took 3 shots per target: you would be short 1 round (3 shots x 6 targets = 18 rounds) with three 17 round mags.
    12. Using my Bersa 9 Pro XT with 5 mags would cover me there (17 rounds each), but I think the Shadow 2 with 3 rounds would also (easy to say sitting in my chair and having mostly shot untimed at the range.
    13. I guess my propensity to shoot too quick might come in handy with timed sessions (as long as I can hit like at the range: probably not :lmfao:).

The plate rack is a common "stage", each "stage" gets shot 3 times consecutively, by each squad member. Each time is referred to as a "string".

14. Perfect clarification! It puts it all together for me: you are appreciated for taking the time. :thumbsup:
    15. I know my fastidiousness for my version of "perfection" drives some nuts: but I am a planner and don't want to do poorly b/c of lack of knowledge: I have been a teacher for 5 different decades, not only at school, but church also.
    16. I don't want to make stupid mistakes, only mistakes b/c of lack of expertise b/c of the lack of experience.
    17. I want to benefit by listening to others who have "been there and done that" to limit my anticipated 1st poor showing. Pride is the last thing to be dealt with after we rid ourselves of all our other shortcomings. :laugh:

If you are shooting with a 10 round mag, you will need a fresh mag for each string. If you're running a 30rd mag, probably not.
    How much are you going to miss? I've seen people go through 3 mags in a single string. A timer can add a lot of pressure.

18. If they are using a 10 round mag: totally understandable, if a 17 round mag: frightening and a real heads-up! :faint:
    19. Again, thanks for your help! I'm under the delusion that knowledge is power, but perhaps it would mean much in a times steel shooting match. :rofl:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Ugh.......I need to start some :coffee:

e-mail said my TRP will b here on Tuesday. Attached invoice said they adjusted the sights. This will not play well with me if it still shoots low left.
    I marked all of the critical parts in places they would not look. I will know.
    No doubt! And look you shall!
    Hopefully it will be corrected.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom