Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ran the Shadow and I did well enough. Most stages were clean but not fast.
    I screwed the pooch on one string and got dinged. Twice.......:):

Dyslexia.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Prepping 2 bedrooms this weekend for new carpet being installed on Monday. Then repeat it next weekend for the master bedroom. Gonna try and make a small range trip in the morning though before the wind and rain moves in.

I did that a couple of years back, but whole house done in 2 days if I recall correctly... that was some work. Nothing like moving everything out and right back in. Like moving without going anywhere.

The cupboard is officially bare. Campbell's Bean with Bacon soup. Too lazy to cook and didn't want fast food. :dunno:

Got some Bean with Bacon in my cupboard as well. And anymore if it's left up to me to fend for myself, I do about the same.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Dyslexia.

I should go out there and watch some time. Never done the gun games. Would like to, but would like to be able to practice the course of fire with no pressure before being on the clock. I know folks say just go do it, but I may just have to watch it go at least one time before doing it live.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I should go out there and watch some time. Never done the gun games. Would like to, but would like to be able to practice the course of fire with no pressure before being on the clock. I know folks say just go do it, but I may just have to watch it go at least one time before doing it live.

Th course is set up for the event. I understand it changes every week.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Dyslexia.
    Its ok. On the qualifier round for the thing me and KJQ went to, I double tapped every one of those SOB's left to right and again and again. Knew I wasn't supposed to and still kept doing it because of brain farts. But hey, i killed them paper targets dead lol

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Its ok. On the qualifier round for the thing me and KJQ went to, I double tapped every one of those SOB's left to right and again and again. Knew I wasn't supposed to and still kept doing it because of brain farts. But hey, i killed them paper targets dead lol
    You were just making sure you neutralized the paper cut threat. :laugh:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

No extra points for that?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

I was the same way with Service Rifle and MNS matches and went to both just to watch. Half way through and I wish I was shooting.

It did let me practice and know what to expect before my first matches and made for more relaxed first matches.

Although you won't have the same stage setups for practicing steel matches, to me, it is all about fast and smooth transitions from target to target. Just make sure you set up several targets and practice transitioning.

Ran Limited. Finished 6th out of 11 and I had 2 (3) second dings.

I learned a bit. I will have to address a few things if I want to do this. Equipment is fine. My technique needs tuned up for this.

:yesway: I feel a little like I'm cheating when I run the Shadow 2.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009

I learned a bit. I will have to address a few things if I want to do this. Equipment is fine. My technique needs tuned up for this.
    Looks like you did better than you thought. Trust me its ALOT more fun in the spring and summer.Glad you gave it a shot! I'm pretty sure next month(April) there will be a Star match on Thursday evening. Its NOT THAT TOUGH!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    OK peoples. This was just great fun.

I tried to tell you this years ago...

Dyslexia.

The first time I went I'm pretty sure I was last in my class.

I was the same way with Service Rifle and MNS matches and went to both just to watch. Half way through and I wish I was shooting.

It did let me practice and know what to expect before my first matches and made for more relaxed first matches.

Although you won't have the same stage setups for practicing steel matches, to me, it is all about fast and smooth transitions from target to target. Just make sure you set up several targets and practice transitioning.

:yesway: I feel a little like I'm cheating when I run the Shadow 2.

I need to try this at least once this year

1. Enjoyed all the comments and learning what I can from them. Sounds like a fun time for all.
    2. I'll look forward to placing last my first time. I think it will be great fun to see myself improve like at the range with paper targets except with the time element and eyes watching it will add pressure to the mix: doesn't sound a bit boring.
    3. I was talking to the owner of Atkinson Firearms (Sean), a couple of days ago, and found out he has participated in all kinds of matches, so I plied him with questions about strings, stages and the like, trying to make sense of the methodology of the Steel Matches.
    4. I was going to go and just watch a match to learn, but it sounds like I would be sorry if I didn't go to shoot, and just start at the bottom and make all the newbie mistakes and be better prepared the next month.
    5. I'm really looking forward to it.
    6. It seems there are different classes to enter with different rules of types of guns and rounds in mags and all that I'll have to learn about to know which to "enroll" in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom