Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Have loved my ‘old man family cars’ sold the last to my SIL and now have an ‘old man’ SUV (Lincoln).
    I've enjoyed many a four door old-man sedan. One of my Corvette friends in MO has been on a Lincoln kick the past few years though still kept his CT6 Caddy which is a bad a&& old man car.

Our best family vehicles were a series of GM vans with Explorer conversions from Warsaw. Sold our last one a few years ago after the kids were off in college. Dang....thats been like five years ago now...sigh...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Polish and German on one side. German, French, English, Swiss and Irish on the other… 100% American Mutt.

Polish/German family name would have been Jakuszek, but it was changed to Cushing in 1918 because my great great grandfather could not get a job in Chicago. At that time Eastern Europeans were considered dumb because their native tongue made it hard for them to learn the English language, so it was common for those people to change their names…

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Howdy 88 :coffee:

I have also been using a V1 for decades and have sent it in a couple times for upgrades. I'm planning on getting the Gen2 detector and yes that is a hefty chunk of change but it's my understanding that they will still upgrade the Gen1 models to the latest software for a decent price.
    I checked on that and you are right. Except that they are not doing upgrades right now due to the chip shortage

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I still remember a hut we found in BFI....Bum ..ck Iraq.... Middle of nowhere, had a rug for a door. Inside, stacked to the gills......with the 35#, 120mm mortar rounds, and other Russian/Iraqi ordinance. We called for EOD....said it was too far out, didn't have a team close......just use what ya got, blow it!!!!
    2LT said hand grenades......small explosion......bet less than 10% of the ordinance went off.....ordered to drive on......I still wonder how much of that ordinance was used against my fellow Iraq War veterans, who served in that $hi&hole, after I left in 2003??
    Went and looked at the old man family car this morning. Pretty nice ride minus the mouse crap all over the inside. Bit of a creampuff. Been sitting for awhile. Aired up the tires and drove it to put fresh gas in. Drives well. He’s gotta locate the title and see if we can come to a price. I don’t need to make it happen so if it’s more than I wanna spend we will just keep going like we are since this wasn’t planned.
    what type of car, Rusty??? Details…..Spivey style….:40oz:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    …..Spicy style….Rusty. Nissan, Ford….4 banger, miles…..tinted windows….cruise…..AC…..number of cup holders….that seems to be important in family trucksters

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    …..Spicy style….Rusty. Nissan, Ford….4 banger, miles…..tinted windows….cruise…..AC…..number of cup holders….that seems to be important in family trucksters
    I’ll give it a go. We’ve got a really nice and clean 2003 Yukon XL that Mrs. Rusty currently drives, it serves the family well but she hates throwing money in the gas tank… So we hope to be able to park that and save it for trips and such.

If this deal works out, not sure if it will. She will be cruising in a very non rusty Olds Rocket 88.

A friend of mine inherited this car which has been sitting for a handful of years… New battery and it fired right up. Fresh gas and she’s ready to go. He needs to sell it to pay the bills on the houses that he inherited so the pipes don’t freeze. And we just happen to be in the market for another cheap beater car as we are on a new financial plan and this would work for us.

Here’s the beautiful beast. Not a speck of visible rust, little underneath as would be expected for this climate. Interior is pretty clean and will be better once Mickey’s mess is cleaned out… everything appears to work that I played with.

9C8B315F-8712-4F3D-87F8-035EA82F5459.jpeg

It’s in a very exciting shade of Light Antelope, so basically it’s an exotic automobile.

Here’s the spec sheet so y’all can fill in your spreadsheets.

3C170342-425E-4C55-95F0-DF00551945F1.png

Google says it’s still under warranty so I’ll be contacting Oldsmobile Monday morning so see about the falling headliner.

It’s roomy and comfy. Plenty of room in the backseat for the kiddos car seats. Trunk has more than enough room for at least 4 of you, well maybe 3 after some donuts…

If the numbers line up and he can find the title in the hoarders house… the most difficult decision for me to make is which Stetson hat to wear while driving it and if the yellow lens aviator style shooting glasses will be sufficient enough to not blind me while our cruising for a hot mom for a date night kid free.

In reality the addition of a vehicle like this and selling of my big truck, will allow us to lower our fuel budget and be able to pay even more than we are already planning towards the principal on our mortgage. Plan as it sits right now would knock our 30 yrs down to 15! And we will only be lowering that number as we add more and more to principal as we can.

There. Plenty long. Some pictures and charts. Specs. Back story. Current story. Future story. Humor and truth. I hope I did a good job! Now we just wait for the phone call to talk numbers.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    1997 is a fine year, Rusty. That's the same model year as my Sonoma. When I do drive, it's still what I drive, because it's the only vehicle I own ! ;)
    i-KLq8HJ5-L.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    1997 is a fine year, Rusty. That's the same model year as my Sonoma. When I do drive, it's still what I drive, because it's the only vehicle I own ! ;)
    i-KLq8HJ5-L.jpg
    That’s a fine truck! I’ve got a 2002 S10 as my daily right now and will be keeping it because it serves my truck needs and gets hood fuel economy for back and forth to work.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Yes.....just look at the shelves in Walmart......better yet go to the Southtown Walmart in Fort Wayne.......ya almost get the whole Iraqi war torn experience.......Burmese speaking their native tongue, wearing drapes and sandals....complaining of the cold.....cause they don't wear socks.......Muslims, wondering why there's no Aks for sale at the gun counter.....complaining ya need a license to fish......the help wearing earbuds cranked to who knows what.....you have to yell to get their attention........this is not the America I grew up in ladies and gentleman......oh, I forgot......and Catlin Jenners......

Some of what you said is what I grew up with in America. Where I grew up we had a lot of Vietnamese immigrants. The Hmong people came in droves to our area. Most of the adults didn't speak English. One of my friends was not born in the US, but he spoke English along with Vietnamese. He was also VERY young when his family got to America. They also didn't understand why you needed a license to hunt deer, or fish, or why you couldn't capture and raise wild deer, ducks, etc.

Growing up I also heard German, and Polish, because we had people who had been born in those countries and immigrated here back in the 40s and 50s and 60s. My Grandmother had an uncle that didn't speak English.

America has always complained about the immigrants that came here, but has always integrated them into our country in time.

I know my Great-Grandfather didn't speak English when he immigrated in 1899, but that might have had more to do with him being 1 year old at the time. Though, his parents probably didn't speak English either being from Germany/Switzerland.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Definition of marauder

: one who roams from place to place making attacks and raids in search of plunder : one that marauds

I doubt that many 70 yr. old's become marauders, but if'in I did ....this would be a choice weapon for my exploits.
    300BLK supersonic from an 8" barrel with a folding-stock, some bandoliers of ammo ... and I say
    "let the marauding begin, mates " ! :D

i-L8s6gF5-L.jpg

And why not throw in a worthy color for a BCG ! .....R.R. should recognize this one ! :alright:

i-wXPz8sg-L.jpg

....and that's the best that I can do for providing some real gun talk, tonight !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom