The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    "Cheap and Fast" option. Disclaimer, no personal experience with this brand.

And because I can't link Amazon stuff again....

View attachment 172652

Ironically I just looked that up on Amazon. Only issue is I have a HS507K, not HS507C and since it's thinner I would think the screw holes wouldn't line up. I need to look at the item again to verify.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ironically I just looked that up on Amazon. Only issue is I have a HS507K, not HS507C and since it's thinner I would think the screw holes wouldn't line up. I need to look at the item again to verify.
    Crap, my bad, I'm on short sleep and didn't catch yours was a "K" version. Nevermind my post then, sorry about that. The K versions don't usually come with mounts.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Yep, that's my problem. Both of my "C" versions did, so I expected it to come with one... :(
    I think the reason they don't include a mount is because that model, being smaller than the C versions, is geared towards the smaller handguns with the Shield RMSc footprint (P365XL for example). That's why they have an integrated rear iron sight as well.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think the reason they don't include a mount is because that model, being smaller than the C versions, is geared towards the smaller handguns with the Shield RMSc footprint (P365XL for example). That's why they have an integrated rear iron sight as well.

Right, but my thinking was that it makes it more suitable for the picatinny rail on a thin Mark IV. I still think that's true, but I got frustrated with my search results (none) and decided to take the HS507CV1 that I had on my PDP and mount it on the Mark IV. It works, though due to the size it's over just a bit to one side. I'm hoping the adjustments on the sight are enough to make up for that. I might have to run to the range later to test. Now I have a HS507KV2 spare and will have to buy a Shield Plus that is optics ready and sell my Shield Plus that isn't optics ready... :ugh:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    #2 son had a bad night so off to town for an exam and the test. Test was negative, he has step throat which is good I suppose. Nurses were drawing lots to see who got to do the exam, they were all hovering. Told him to enjoy it while it lasts, someday he'll be old like me.;)

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning, EVERYONE.!!

Christmas Eve - EVE.

Nothing to do but wait - I might go and shoot some iron as it will be a good day to do it.

For all you sickies out there, i am praying for all of you.

I recently re-arranged my vault/safe a few days ago.

When I open it now it's like the first thing in my head - "WHO was in here"

Then .... I remember.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Got the 2nd powder measure and single stage press setup last night. Was able to use some more scrap wood I had laying around. But now I think I'll be adding some stain or paint to them soon to give them a little nicer appearance. The 6x6 section of pressure treated post is mounted to the bench with Subaru head bolts that are recessed under those upside-down large nuts. Hey, it's Canada, eh. :)

20211223_105946.jpg

20211223_105959.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I have to get back to doing some gun stuff ..... but it's been a real treat spending a lot of time with the new guitar.
    And now that some real-ish cold weather has settled--in, I've kind of lost interest spending time at the cabin. Although I'm (mostly) over my stomach bug, going there wasn't even in the cards just a few days ago.

And now ..... whammo, bammo ..... tomorrow night is Christmas Eve !
    I'm not giving many gifts, as our immediate family voted-on-it, and decided to mainly give to the other person's favorite charity .... still, there are some token gifts to wrap, and put under the tree. I'm not a complete Grinch ! ;)

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    So, quick question. I ended up picking up a HS507k V2 to go onto my Mark IV Competition. Then I realized that it doesn't have a mount. I need a low profile mount to get it onto my new TK Shadow Rail. Suggestions welcome, especially any that I can pick up locally.
    ADE Adapter <- click (link to suggestion made earlier)

I suggest:

Edit:
    Ok - those are both for the 507c, sorry.

I did find this one:

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I have to get back to doing some gun stuff ..... but it's been a real treat spending a lot of time with the new guitar.
    And now that some real-ish cold weather has settled--in, I've kind of lost interest spending time at the cabin. Although I'm (mostly) over my stomach bug, going there wasn't even in the cards just a few days ago.

And now ..... whammo, bammo ..... tomorrow night is Christmas Eve !
    I'm not giving many gifts, as our immediate family voted-on-it, and decided to mainly give to the other person's favorite charity .... still, there are some token gifts to wrap, and put under the tree. I'm not a complete Grinch ! ;)
    I'm glad you are doing better. Continue down that path my friend!

I was getting in my vehicle this morning and had a sharp pain in my back. No reason. It is feeling a little better now. When you are young you had to do things to get hurt, but as you "grow up" you don't have to do things and still either get hurt or feel sore in the morning. I think I'll have another cup of coffee.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Got the 2nd powder measure and single stage press setup last night. Was able to use some more scrap wood I had laying around. But now I think I'll be adding some stain or paint to them soon to give them a little nicer appearance. The 6x6 section of pressure treated post is mounted to the bench with Subaru head bolts that are recessed under those upside-down large nuts. Hey, it's Canada, eh. :)

View attachment 172674

View attachment 172675
    I like your set-up!
    When you decide to stop reloading I may buy some of this equipment from you, but don't get tired of it in the near future because I don't have room right now :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

View attachment 172674

View attachment 172675

That looks like a very sturdy mounting setup, Spicy ! :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom